• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you own Leather briefcase

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have several, but mostly rely on three. I'm using stock images here, but can take a photo later, if you want.

Have two Hermes Sac a depeches, which I rely on the most. The one pictured here is in a medium brown grained leather, but mine are in taupe grain and smooth dark brown leather.

10739727_fullsize.jpeg

Third most used bag is Frank Clegg English briefcase

tumblr_lpmvmoPkRm1qa2j8co1_r1_1280.png

Fourth most used is this Ralph Lauren Purple Label bag. I mostly use it with casualwear

tumblr_inline_oqkcndrN9q1qfex1b_540.jpeg

And least used bag is a Glenroyal briefcase in tan bridle. I've found over time that I don't like bridle leather cases, as they're a bit too formal for me.

SB B767A London Tan Bridle.jpeg

Years ago, I had a Valextra Premier in navy leather, but I eventually sold it because I found the design to be too modern for me.

H0381-L256015605.jpeg

Last edited:

TexasToast

Reaction score
I have several, but mostly rely on three. I'm using stock images here, but can take a photo later, if you want.

Have two Hermes Sac a depeches, which I rely on the most. The one pictured here is in a medium brown grained leather, but mine are in taupe grain and smooth dark brown leather.

View attachment 1665101

View attachment 1665102

Fourth most used is this Ralph Lauren Purple Label bag. I mostly use it with casualwear

View attachment 1665103

And least used bag is a Glenroyal briefcase in tan bridle. I've found over time that I don't like bridle leather cases, as they're a bit too formal for me.

View attachment 1665104

Years ago, I had a Valextra Premier in navy leather, but I eventually sold it because I found the design to be too modern for me.

View attachment 1665105
Wow thats a nice collection of briefcases,

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saddleback leather - they used to be made in USA which is a strong reason I bought it. They are now made in Mexico I believe. I can't say whether there is a decrease in quality but they still have the 100 year warranty. I can say, this briefcase is built like a tank - so it's on the heavy side, but that's what I want. I don't baby it - so it has it's scars. It's 8 years old and no sign of failure.
20210908_091130.jpg

noobanker

Reaction score

View attachment 1665101

View attachment 1665102

View attachment 1665103

View attachment 1665104

View attachment 1665105

Is the sac a depeches good for carrying laptop/ipad/other misc items?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is the sac a depeches good for carrying laptop/ipad/other misc items?

I use them to carry my laptop, books, and anything else I need for the day. I think they basically function like any other briefcase, but the leather is a little lighter than my Frank Clegg. I mostly like them for their design.

Dr_Dukcha

Reaction score
If you are after something a bit more rugged, I can recommend The Loyal Workshop.

I use this bag all the time when I'm just out and about, and is quite happy with it.

Also, in addition to getting a nice bag, the money goes to a good purpose. Its a kiwi company that teaches leatherworks to women caught in sex trade in India, and offer them alternative employment in their workshops.

the-loyal-workshop-ethical-leather-Goodstead-Satchel-02_1024x1024@2x.jpg
the-loyal-workshop-ethical-leather-Goodstead-Satchel-08_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads