• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you own any Jantzen?

jmatt

Reaction score
Comments over at AAAC got me thinking, so I've posted an identical poll on both forums. Do you own any shirts by Jantzen?

If you do, are you likely to purchase more?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
yes, 2 shirts. both fit perfect and were received timely. The latest order was in march, received in first week of May.

I am definitely going to order more, despite the troubles posted on AAAC. I just order and forget. If I never get the shirt, as long as I am not billed, it isnt the end of the world.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No for me...not my bag, baby.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just received a 10 shirt order. No errors, no mistakes, everything went as smooth as it gets. took long long time though...

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am impressed everytime I receive an order from Ricky. He got it right the first time and with a few tweaks it is now perfect. It is still a great value.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I answered more than 11. When I was in HK in the fall, picked up ten shirts. Combined with the 6 previously purchased, I have 16. The 1st two, the sleeves are too short, but that is my fault. I appreciated the inperson ability to feel the fabric and the discount of serving as my own shipper for the ten I purchased on site. 16 shirts for less than $640.00. I can live with the service issues.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
None so far. Too much hassle ordering online, self-measure, not sure if orders will be filled and so on. But I'll one day when I get to HK.

Originally Posted by aportnoy
No for me...not my bag, baby.

What is it that you don't like Jantzen?

mumbojumbo

Reaction score
Own one and am not at all impressed with the (highly praised / hyped) workmanship. Based on the pretty unfavourable value-to-cost-ratio of my shirt (pilling fabric, etc.) i will not order again.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
None so far. Too much hassle ordering online, self-measure, not sure if orders will be filled and so on. But I'll one day when I get to HK.

What is it that you don't like Jantzen?

Exactly what you've defined VR...It's much less the product than the process that puts me off. Having to provide my own set of measurements just seems to daunting.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mumbojumbo
pilling fabric

I've never experienced pilling cotton on a shirt. Can you explain what you mean by that and how/when the "pilling" happens (after washing?) ? thanks

jmatt

Reaction score
Wow - this seems odd. After 20 replies, 65% of us own Jantzen shirts, with another 10% indicating they'd like to. That's 75% penetration. Over on AAAC, after 15 replies only 20% admit to owning a Jantzen, with one more person (6.67%) planning to buy. Over 73% at AAAC said no - they don't intend to buy. I post more here than there, but ansered both polls. Had I not answered the AAAC poll, the numbers would be even lower.

I wonder what makes such a sharp distinction between the two forums?

mumbojumbo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I've never experienced pilling cotton on a shirt. Can you explain what you mean by that and how/when the "pilling" happens (after washing?) ? thanks

With pilling i mean those micro-thread ends that stand out from the surface. Was there even before first washing / wearing.

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trads don't order from overseas.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmatt

My guess is demographics. I think average age@SF < average age@AAAC. I think that younger people with lower disposable income see value in the trade-off of self-measurements and indefinite wait time for a cheaper price vs. the convenience of either high-end RTW or tailor-measured shirts at higher price

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmatt
Wow - this seems odd. After 20 replies, 65% of us own Jantzen shirts, with another 10% indicating they'd like to. That's 75% penetration. Over on AAAC, after 15 replies only 20% admit to owning a Jantzen, with one more person (6.67%) planning to buy. Over 73% at AAAC said no - they don't intend to buy. I post more here than there, but ansered both polls. Had I not answered the AAAC poll, the numbers would be even lower.

You can only make conclusions about the people who actually responded to your poll. It's almost certain that the set of respondents is not at all representative of the overall membership of either SF or AAAC. As an obvious example, there's no way that 75% of the 4000 members here have Jantzen shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads