1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Do you own any Jantzen?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jmatt, Jun 27, 2006.

1. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

As I said on Ask Andy, I have ordered shirts three times from Jantzen. The longest any of the orders may have taken to arrive was three months. I have no "customer service" issues with Jantzen: I place the orders and they make and send the shirts. That's all I want and expect. I don't need anything more from a clothing merchant.

This is one reason I think I'm so pleased. I've never contacted Jantzen, and never felt like I needed to. The only time I can imagine needing to contact Jantzen is if something were wrong with my order, or if there had been a billing mistake. So far, neither has happened.

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

None, and I don't intend to.

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I still intend to although I must say that the recent spate of increased order problems & dissatisfaction has made me less confident. Land's End has worked reasonably well for me so far...

4. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

I have several shirts, but there's always something wrong with them. I don't think Jantzen's process can account for finer points like my posture. Perfectly serviceable, and I'll wear them as beater shirts for travel and the odd fancy pattern, but they are not my only shirtmaker.

5. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

I've been working in Hong Kong for a few years now and my Janzten shirt bought a couple of months ago was my first custom shirt. The turnover time was 48hours, the shirt is nice and I've worn it maybe three times. Material remains soft and supple, no pilling/piling and no shrinkage. They are very very very busy though. Maybe I'll chat to Ricky/David next time I'm there - I do have plans to get more.

6. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

I still intend to although I must say that the recent spate of increased order problems & dissatisfaction has made me less confident.
    My thoughts exactly. I'm not quite sure now.

7. Stu

Stu Senior member

I have about 27 Jantzen shirts, so as you can see I am very pleased. Customer service has always been great. Ricky has treated me right. The measurements are not always consistently spot on, but that is not a big issue for me, because of the price. They all fit just fine, even with the inconsistency in the measurements.

For me I see them as a great value for daily workhorse wear. At the priceI can wear the hell out of them for a couple of years and then anything beyond that is a bonus. I can't afford to wear Borrelli and Kabbaz and Barba every day. That's reality. But for this price I can do a hell of a lot better than my local Marshalls.

8. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

I think the reason we're seeing a disparity in customer service experiences is that upon receiving an order from a new customer, Ricky's first step is to review SF's photo threads in an effort to assess the physical attractiveness of the customer. "Studies have shown" that people who lack conventional facial attractiveness report significantly lower levels of customer satisfaction from overseas MTO vendors.

9. Stu

Stu Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Damn, now that you mention it Margaret, the one thing that changed between my first two orders (shirts received) and my more recent order (shirts in limbo somewhere) is I posted my pic on this forum. I should have known better.
    Any of you Adonis-like members mind if borrow your visual identity for a bit?

Why do you think I hide behind my kid's mug?