1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Do you own any Jantzen?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jmatt, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Margaret

Margaret Distinguished Member

Not even from the UK?

[​IMG]

2. metaphysician

metaphysician Senior Member

Not even from the UK?

I thought the UK was 'acceptable' in the fiefdom of the Trads, but that they preferred the American spin (the BB OCBD, trench, polo coat, etc.) on everything British. Isn't it hard to tell when the Trads have tongue-in-cheek, considering threads like "College Degree: Trad?" and "Most Trad Dog," etc.? (Do they ever have tongue in cheek? Is cheeky humor Trad?)

3. hanker565

hanker565 Senior Member

I will if my order ever arrives...

4. jmatt

jmatt Senior Member

You can only make conclusions about the people who actually responded to your poll. It's almost certain that the set of respondents is not at all representative of the overall membership of either SF or AAAC. As an obvious example, there's no way that 75% of the 4000 members here have Jantzen shirts.
    You are certainly correct. Let me specify that the disparity is amongst thoses who RESPONDED to the two polls. The broader membership may, or may not, be reflected. My guess is probably not. I doubt many non-posters have actually taken the leap to buy from Jantzen. However, the sheer disparity amongst respondents from one forum to the other is very telling.

5. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior Member

No, and no intention of doing so. Process doesn't sound like it's for me. If I go for bespoke shirts, I'll visit Carl from CEGO (or Charvet or AK if I hit the MegaMillions).

In the meantime, I'll just make do with my RTW PS, RJ, H&K, T&A, Charvet, Pink [​IMG] , and Lewin shirts.

6. CaptChaos

CaptChaos Senior Member

I wonder what makes such a sharp distinction between the two forums?

I think we are just more adventureous. [​IMG]

7. odoreater

odoreater Distinguished Member

Like I said on AAAC, I've ordered from them several times and have never gotten a shirt. Based on these past experiences I've decided that I will never order from them again.

8. chorse123

chorse123 Stylish Dinosaur

I think we are just more adventureous. [​IMG]

I think I'm just more broke. [​IMG]

Seriously, though, I think Jantzen's great. I just wish I'd get my shirts...

9. thinman

thinman Distinguished Member

Like I said on AAAC, I've ordered from them several times and have never gotten a shirt. Based on these past experiences I've decided that I will never order from them again.

I've had a similar experience. I ordered a single test shirt online in Feburaruy 2005 which never appeared. Obviously, I'm not too concerned about not receiving my Jantzen shirt or I would have called, but in the interim, I've ordered (and received[​IMG] ) MTM or custom shirts from Lands' End, WW Chan, Individualized Shirts, and Brooks Brothers. While I wouldn't mind a long wait, the minimal customer service I expect is an acknowledgment of my order, followed by receiving the shirt. Ricky obviously doesn't need more business.

10. odoreater

odoreater Distinguished Member

I've had a similar experience. I ordered a single test shirt online in Feburaruy 2005 which never appeared. Obviously, I'm not too concerned about not receiving my Jantzen shirt or I would have called, but in the interim, I've ordered (and received[​IMG] ) MTM or custom shirts from Lands' End, WW Chan, Individualized Shirts, and Brooks Brothers. While I wouldn't mind a long wait, the minimal customer service I expect is an acknowledgment of my order, followed by receiving the shirt. Ricky obviously doesn't need more business.

I think you just hit on something that embodies why I won't consider using Jantzen anymore. I don't feel that the product is so good that I have to beg to be a customer or jump through hurdles to be a customer. I don't want to be a customer of anybody who doesn't want me to be their customer.

11. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I don't want to be a customer of anybody who doesn't want me to be their customer.

There may be a little over-reaction here... Are you sure your order actually went through? Have you tried to either call or email Ricky to get a confirmation that he got your order?

12. Henry Boogers

Henry Boogers Distinguished Member

13. Spencer Young

Spencer Young Senior Member

Along with the points already made, I think a distinction between AAAC and SF should be pointed out... that (based on my time in the Streetware forum) a lot of people here are rather trim and need/want very fitted shirts. As you get older, I think the appeal decreases a bit. Just an idea.

I'm in the 6-10 range; so thankful that I went to the store for my first time. Ricky measured me, so everything fits like a dream. For a recent college grad, nothing is greater than having a stream of exceptionally high quality dress shirts for the price of... a shirt from the Gap I can't even wear to work? Amazing.

14. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Distinguished Member

Jantzen seems to be an acquired taste that must be built upon repeated experiences.

15. cchen

cchen Distinguished Member

I've emailed Ricky several times and he has not responded. If he did, I'd order some shirts....