Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Do you own any Jantzen?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jmatt, Jun 27, 2006.

1. jmatt

jmatt Senior member

Comments over at AAAC got me thinking, so I've posted an identical poll on both forums. Do you own any shirts by Jantzen?

If you do, are you likely to purchase more?

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

yes, 2 shirts. both fit perfect and were received timely. The latest order was in march, received in first week of May.

I am definitely going to order more, despite the troubles posted on AAAC. I just order and forget. If I never get the shirt, as long as I am not billed, it isnt the end of the world.

3. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

No for me...not my bag, baby.

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Just received a 10 shirt order. No errors, no mistakes, everything went as smooth as it gets. took long long time though...

5. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

I am impressed everytime I receive an order from Ricky. He got it right the first time and with a few tweaks it is now perfect. It is still a great value.

6. marc237

marc237 Senior member

I answered more than 11. When I was in HK in the fall, picked up ten shirts. Combined with the 6 previously purchased, I have 16. The 1st two, the sleeves are too short, but that is my fault. I appreciated the inperson ability to feel the fabric and the discount of serving as my own shipper for the ten I purchased on site. 16 shirts for less than $640.00. I can live with the service issues.

7. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

None so far. Too much hassle ordering online, self-measure, not sure if orders will be filled and so on. But I'll one day when I get to HK.

No for me...not my bag, baby.

What is it that you don't like Jantzen?

8. mumbojumbo

mumbojumbo Senior member

Own one and am not at all impressed with the (highly praised / hyped) workmanship. Based on the pretty unfavourable value-to-cost-ratio of my shirt (pilling fabric, etc.) i will not order again.

9. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

None so far. Too much hassle ordering online, self-measure, not sure if orders will be filled and so on. But I'll one day when I get to HK.

What is it that you don't like Jantzen?

Exactly what you've defined VR...It's much less the product than the process that puts me off. Having to provide my own set of measurements just seems to daunting.

10. gdl203

pilling fabric

I've never experienced pilling cotton on a shirt. Can you explain what you mean by that and how/when the "pilling" happens (after washing?) ? thanks

11. jmatt

jmatt Senior member

Wow - this seems odd. After 20 replies, 65% of us own Jantzen shirts, with another 10% indicating they'd like to. That's 75% penetration. Over on AAAC, after 15 replies only 20% admit to owning a Jantzen, with one more person (6.67%) planning to buy. Over 73% at AAAC said no - they don't intend to buy. I post more here than there, but ansered both polls. Had I not answered the AAAC poll, the numbers would be even lower.

I wonder what makes such a sharp distinction between the two forums?

12. mumbojumbo

mumbojumbo Senior member

I've never experienced pilling cotton on a shirt. Can you explain what you mean by that and how/when the "pilling" happens (after washing?) ? thanks

With pilling i mean those micro-thread ends that stand out from the surface. Was there even before first washing / wearing.

13. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

Trads don't order from overseas.

14. gdl203

My guess is demographics. I think average [email protected] < average [email protected] I think that younger people with lower disposable income see value in the trade-off of self-measurements and indefinite wait time for a cheaper price vs. the convenience of either high-end RTW or tailor-measured shirts at higher price

15. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Wow - this seems odd. After 20 replies, 65% of us own Jantzen shirts, with another 10% indicating they'd like to. That's 75% penetration. Over on AAAC, after 15 replies only 20% admit to owning a Jantzen, with one more person (6.67%) planning to buy. Over 73% at AAAC said no - they don't intend to buy. I post more here than there, but ansered both polls. Had I not answered the AAAC poll, the numbers would be even lower.

You can only make conclusions about the people who actually responded to your poll. It's almost certain that the set of respondents is not at all representative of the overall membership of either SF or AAAC. As an obvious example, there's no way that 75% of the 4000 members here have Jantzen shirts.