• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do *you* own any dockers?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
I found a way to sweeten the deal from slickdeals.

First you buy 2 $50 gift cards at Kmart. They'll give you 4 free tickets to see The Hulk.

Then you use the Kmart gift cards at Sears to buy the $100 in Dockers.

Their clothes look "not so good" and puffy so I'm going to buy a pair of golf shorts and load up on underwear
laugh.gif

worship.gif

Dockers do you good!

lol8[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Originally Posted by KBW
The one pair of dockers I have fits ME as well or better than any pair of pants I've ever owned. I searched for the same style for a while but came up empty so I just gave up. I get many compliments on them whenever I wear them.
Which model is it?

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
I'd much rather golf in tropical wool pants.

While tropical wool pants or linen sound and look good for carting, I walk either early bird back 9 or full 18 regularly. Wearing expensive-to-clean tropical wool pants would be a disaster in addition to all those pro v1s...

simplify3

Reaction score
Linen Dockers are on sale this week at Macy's! About $30. Those things are so darned hard to find. I bought about 4 pairs of it back in 1999-2000. They wear out fast (probably a year of constant wearing) but there's nothing more comfortable.

I was up about 4am this morning and saw a quickie commercial on TV for Macy's, where I have never bought anything, and heard a quick mention of Linen Docker's 1/2 off and I fell over. I've searched for those things 'cause I moved to Naples, FL - it's one of the few subtropical environments in the United States (about the same climate as Hawaii) and for some STUPID reason, everybody around here sells the same clothes as you get up north, which are INAPPROPRIATE for this kind of heat/humidity.

The Cuban Pants (draw string linen pants) are the closest thing you'll find here but.. well, they're drawstring. You -could- wear them to an office but they're too pajama like.

I'm trying to see if I can shave off a few more dollars but even if I can't, $30/pair is a darned good price for something that was so hard to find.

Kenneth Udut
Webmaster: http://free.naplesplus.us

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
It might be the City Chino which is their newer "slim" fit line. I don't know if Sears carries those. tiecollector posted about these, a search on dockers city chino will bring up his thread with fit pics.

Yes the fits in the pics are too small though so I sent them back. Either way I will have a tailor slim the leg so I might as well just buy the fuller cut on sale if I can.

eighteennine

Reaction score
In Europe, the dockers slim fit chinos are sold for app €90 ($140)
eh.gif

That's almost 3 times as much as in the States.

I thought we had a strong Euro??

Anyone feel like sending me 3 pairs of city chinos?
tounge.gif

novqilin

Reaction score
the factory second of it is pretty nice

around seven dollor at most for a pair, can't beat that price/durability ratio

Motol12

Reaction score
Sadly I own both a pair of Dockers chinos and several Dockers neckties. The chinos are a relic of a time when I thought chinos and a button-down shirt was "dressing up" and the neckties were purchased by the wife. I have to wear them somedays, and I die a little inside.

smoothie

Reaction score
I have an assortment of Dockers chinos, which i wear to regularly. My next purchase of chinos i will size down in waist and length as they are a bit big and my taste is now more fitting.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I hope that guy above won't write all his posts in that font size.

Crispus Crimson

Reaction score
I've taken to wearing some Dockers button-down shirts for work. It's no big deal if they get ripped or dirty because I'm in construction, yet they still look decent, at least compared to others in my line of work.

I did try on a pair of comfy Dockers cargo pants the other day, but the were too baggy. I thought I could have them taken in in the thigh and tapered a bit, then I remembered they were $30 Dockers cargo pants. Didn't get them. It would cost more to alter than anything.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crispus Crimson
I thought I could have them taken in in the thigh and tapered a bit, then I remembered they were $30 Dockers cargo pants. Didn't get them. It would cost more to alter than anything.

Costing more to get it altered is fine. If you got it free, it would cost more to alter too. Buy cheap, then alter to make it look like it cost a lot. If I saw some Dockers for $30 I'd get them and then have them altered just because the fabric seems so durable. Great work pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads