• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you own Air Force ones? If so..how many?

nighttrain7404

Reaction score
I have two pairs...

1)Caroline Blue patent leather EXTREMELY RARE

2)Custom Louis Vuiton leather Nike AF1s. VERY RARE

Anyone else?

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a Dunk and AJ1/3 guy to be honest. AF1s don't do it for me.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One pair, white with the gum rubber sole. Also has the 'Nike Air' embroidered in gold on the back. I like them - they look clean, and look good with dark jeans.

They are comfortable and I'll probably pick up another pair or two.

Nothing too garish or fancy though - I like to keep my clothes clean and simple.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got one pair. I'm not sure if they're of the rare variety or not, but they've get a weave similar to this...
sneakerhead_1931_57700493

phaedrus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
I'm a Dunk and AJ1/3 guy to be honest. AF1s don't do it for me.

I too prefer dunks over AF1, I only own one pair of AF1, white year of the monkey AF1's, bought back in 2004 I recall.

af1monkey1.jpg

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't own any AF1s, prefer Dunks..might finally get a pair in all white though

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see there's a lot of Dunk guys here. IMO there's 3 type of retro sneaker guys: AF1/AJ4 guys, Dunk/AJ1 guys, and Converse/Vans/Airwalks guys. Screw Adidas, Puma, and Onitsuka Tiger (even though they're awesome too).

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see there's a lot of Dunk guys here. IMO there's 3 type of retro sneaker guys: AF1/AJ4 guys, Dunk/AJ1 guys, and Converse/Vans/Airwalks guys. Screw Adidas, Puma, and Onitsuka Tiger (even though they're awesome too).
I know most people here don't like Puma, but I don't give a damn. I like some of their shoes.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Puma and Adidas have their moments but they're largely uninspired. Asics are ugly but damn if they aren't the best sneakers ever made. I wish they made tennis shoes.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Puma and Adidas have their moments but they're largely uninspired. Asics are ugly but damn if they aren't the best sneakers ever made. I wish they made tennis shoes.
+1 Asics make awesome athletic shoes. I bought a pair that was over 200 euros, which is way more than I would usually spend on sneakers, but I use them 5-6 times a week and have been super impressed.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im a jordan 1-7, dunk, vans, airmax(especially 180) kind of guy. also like just random nikes and adidas.

err forces are too bulky.

nighttrain7404

Reaction score
That's awesome guys. (finally..a positive thread w/mutual interest).

I have some old school pumas, and some nike 95 cross trainers too...

I think the sneaker obssession will last a LONG time in the fashion circles.

I'll post my more docile pumas later after work

jl3969

Reaction score
those 25th anniversary videos i keep seeing on the streetwear blogs got me excited. i think im gonna buy a pair of those new white/white 25th anniversary ones. they look so clean. even better are those anaconda/snakeskin ones. those are just schweeet. and overpriced. but still schweeet.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
I have a couple that haven't seen the light of day for years. I think my time working at Ecko made me a little "yo"!.

AF1 Silver Olympic edition
AF1 Los Angeles edition White/Yellow circa 2003
AF1 White on White

Do the Bape AF1 varient count ?.

Bape AF1 in Beige. The very first color issued in this style. Purchased at Collete Paris circa 2001-2002.

Bape AF1 Green/White with camo logo. Purchased Busy Work Shop Aoyama circa 2003/2004.

I'm with Cheap as far as Nikes. 1987 to 1993 were the best years. Jordans and Air Max's!.

Say

Reaction score
i also find AF's too be rather bulky as well, but I do like airmax 90's and air trainer 1's (bo jackson line)... Though i do think the white af1's are pretty nice; it's good to have some white tic tacs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads