• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Do You Own a Fountain Pen?

Do You Own a Fountain Pen?

• I own one but I hardly ever use it

• I own multiple ones but I always use the same ol' BIC

• Yes, and I use it often

• Yes, I collect them

• Ballpoint is the way

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I run a couple basic TWSBIs. Not expensive, but nice to write with, and they help me slow down and be neat.

shrink1061

Reaction score
I have a Waterman Carene. Simply because as a teenager I always lusted after the shape. I don’t use it much though, preferring my Cross Townsend rollerball for daily use.

that said, I do long after a duofold

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a nice rollerball pen? Something that looks good but isn’t so expensive that I’ll be sad if I lose it. So far, I’ve come up with the Tombow Zoom 505.

4BE56326-DDBF-4801-BAEF-8AC1F451DF14.jpeg

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About the same price as the Tombow is the Lamy Safari rollerball. It still has a triangular grip section somewhat like the fountain pen version except it has 3 big flat facets instead of 2 because you can write with the rollerball at any orientation unlike a fountain pen nib. It takes proprietary Lamy ink refills.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Pilot Custom Urushi just arrived! If anyone wants to buy a pen direct from Japan, I can highly recommend the shop that I used (https://www.japanshop-quill.com/): excellent service, good communication in English, good prices, and they'll tune and setup your pen for you. EMS shipping to the US was much longer than usual, but I'm guessing that's to do with the pandemic and other related shipping issues. The pen was packed very well, and they even included a couple of surprise gifts like a bulb syringe for cleaning and the Pensemble wrap you see in the photos below. The pen is beautiful, and writes like a dream with a bit of feedback, which is my preference.

View attachment 1741820 View attachment 1741821

bullethead

Reaction score
I have two danitrio raw ebonite pens- one is in my bag and one still is in the box. Quite beautiful

Reactions: A Y

Featured Sponsor

Where do you usually take inspiration for your style? Choose up to 3 answers

• Styleforum & other menswear forums

• Instagram

• TikTok

• Reddit

• Fashion Magazines

• Fashion Blogs

• Friends & Acquaintances

• Celebrities/influencers

• TV Shows & Movies