• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you need silence to sleep?

brianja

Reaction score
I can't fall asleep in silence. I need a TV or music to distract me or I get myself so worked up and stressed over things I have to do that I will never fall asleep.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
Crossposting with Facebook, Slim?

Yeah, some friends of mine who are married, one of them needs quiet, the other one needs a fan or something on. They are kind of miserable.
smile.gif
They have been trying to train each other for a couple years, and it hasn't really worked out. Found it interesting.

Dentata

Reaction score
Need darkness and either silence or white noise.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm actually rather addicted to white noise. I run hot, so my solution is a large box fan on the bedroom floor. The noise muffles extraneous things and the breeze keeps me cool so I don't over heat while I sleep. The down side is, the fan's white noise has addicted me. I travel with a white noise machine from Sharper Image.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer silence but I can sleep through entire international flights.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I prefer silence but I can sleep through entire international flights.

Cannot sleep on an airplane for some reason. Ambien is a great help on international flights.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I prefer silence and can sleep during the day so darkness is not a must. I often nap at weird hours like 15:00.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Cannot sleep on an airplane for some reason. Ambien is a great help on international flights.

Me either. I think I want to be awake when the plane crashes and I die.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've slept through a tornado that was chewing up the neighborhood so I guess silence matters little to me.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Me either. I think I want to be awake when the plane crashes and I die.

I can't sleep on planes because you can't smoke on flights so all I'm thinking about is how much I wanna kill everyone in my immediate vicinity.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Used to think I was extremely noise sensitive but after a while in NYC I find the 12 am, 2 am, 4 am etc. etc. sirens & garbage trucks are just like the gentle murmur of surf on a beach.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll sleep anywhere. Like globe, I generally fall asleep on planes before we've even taken off. Noise doesn't bother me - I prefer no noise, but I can sleep with white noise, or a TV, or music. Whatever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads