1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Do you make restaurant reservations via Open Table and give "special messages" to the restaurant?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by kennethpollock, Oct 19, 2012.

1. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

normal people put in like anniversary, or bday as a heads up...

2. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Pull the manager aside while there. After, it is much rarer to get any resolution.

3. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member

You have been added to the "spit on this guy's food" list in the computer.

4. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've never gone back and never will so it's cool

5. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

6. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

X2O, Yonkers. Supposedly, the best restaurant in Wchester after Stone Barns. But it's like a McDonald's compared to Stone Barns. Not even that good.

7. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

On that note, is there not an option to order flowers or something of that sort -- no wait, just to indicate it's a special anniversary.

I left a poor review once on a Saturday. I didn't particularly appreciate being told to wait on a Friday 9pm standing at the edge of a bar next to the bus boy lane and a live piano in spite of arriving on time in "some Italian place" on the fringe of suburban Toronto. But then a day or two afterwards, a few members jumped on to defend the place and pushed my review off the main page so I rather think the reviews were fake.

But the points come in handy for covering a bottle of wine at a more pedestrian place. Most places I want to try without an expense account don't support Open Table anyway.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012