• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you make pizza at home?

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just made two pizzas based on the Reinhart recipe.
They were pretty good. Not perfect, but quite tasty.
inlove.gif

so full now...

jfclarky

Reaction score
easy way to make pizza for yourself if you are hungry for a pizza and don't have a pizza oven or stone or any of that cool stuff people buy or make. If you are cheap like me, you can do it.

Ingredients:
1. pita bread
2. mozzarella cheese
3. basil
4. parmesan cheese
5. oregano
6. crushed black pepper
7. crushed red pepper
8. 1/2 roma tomato
9. pasta pizza sauce
10. olive oil

Cooking the pizza:

spread some olive oil over the pita bread, add sauce and spices, add mozzarella, about 1.5 cups or less if you are dieting, basil and black pepper, add some of that roma tomato, sprinkle some parm on top. Preheat the oven to 400 F and cook it for 4 mins, then go and take a look at it. It might need more time so just watch it and make sure it doesn't burn.

Picture below is not my best work but it is easy to make. I am going to make one now and post some pictures.

Neo1824

Reaction score
I like making pizza at home on occasion, and the pizza stone makes it quite easy. Also, my kids love doing this too so fun for everyone!

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* love making pizza, I make the dough and the sauce, use whole milk mozzarella, baked on a pizza stone. I will post pics sometime tonight maybe.

Moss

Reaction score
I have a hard time fitting the firewood into the oven.

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even if you use a pre-heated pizza stone, I still don't see how that solves the problem that the home oven doesn't get hot enough. A home oven tops out at around 500 degrees, and you'd ideally want the temp to be something like 800 degrees and higher.

I chalk pizza up to my increasingly long list of dishes that should be done at a restaurant instead of at home.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
any of you dudes do it on a BBQ grill?

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the dirty chopping board and stark contrast that's ruining the picture, clean it up and take a softer photo and it'd look fantastic.

thecentennial

Reaction score
Agree about the dough, has to be thin, seasoned well, and just chewy enough but not crispy - except for the edges.

Minimal toppings too, small amount of sauce, thinly spread, sprinkling of mozzarella, thinly sliced fresh vine tomatoes, a few strips of proccuito (sp?), smattering of crushed garlic, cracked pepper, fresh basil (after cooking). Bon appetite.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Redwoood
It applies much more heat to the crust/dough. This makes it possible for it to be crispy on the outside and still soft/slightly-underbaked on the inside, without drying it out.

Thank you, that sounds exactly what I'd want. The pizza I've made has been dry.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Mitchelli
If you are meticulous about how you clean your oven, you don't need a stone and can bake a pizza on the oven floor. Exactly the same results.

I have a brand new oven - never even been turned on yet. I wonder if a couple pieces of parchment would suffice?
redface.gif
Pizza is my first project I want to do in the oven, got all the stuff, just need a day to make the dough.

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
Thank you, that sounds exactly what I'd want. The pizza I've made has been dry.

Try to crank the heat all the way up (550F+), and only bake it for a short time, 5 minutes is usually enough. If your pizza is dry, you're keeping it in too long (or the oven is too cold).

Since my pizza stone broke (couldn't handle the temperature), I've been using a perforated baking sheet/pan. It's a bit messy, but gets the job done. I'm still looking for a new stone, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads