1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Do you maintain the same style always?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CrAz3D, Aug 14, 2012.

1. CrAz3D

CrAz3D Senior member

Do you _always_ wear suits? If no, is your variety limited to nice slacks and nice shoes?

Example: Especially while I was in undergrad, my styles were ... nearly polar. I wore a suit and tie throughout the day, as I worked for a lawyer. However, once I got home, I went to a white v-neck tshirt + western jeans (more western than even Wranglers) and cowboy boots; bonus being that I'd rolled my cigarette pack up in my sleeve. Friends knew I worked for a lawyer, but those that only saw me on weekends were always surprised when they saw me during the weekdays. Co-workers that knew me as wearing a suit and tie assumed I drove some sport car and always looked formal, but were surprised to see me in my lifted 4x4 truck wearing a cowboy hat + boots, etc.
    /sidenote: I realized that at times I out-dressed my boss and most lawyers in town, so I toned it down a lot to less than business casual.

I still enjoy my boots and my hats. I also like my pearl snaps and jeans.

THE QUESTION!: Do yall, at times, dress to such a different extreme regularly?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  2. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

From Monday to Thursday I usually wear a sport coat. My suits are used for meetings, interviews, funerals and semi-formals. Weekends and holidays are for my streetwear.

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I'm very consistent with the way I dress for various occasions. I look the same day to day for work, social occasions, lounging about, etc.

4. TM79

TM79 Senior member

I'm still growing my wardrobe but I always try to look my best for each occasion. I'm not wearing a suit for weekend errands and I'm not wearing jeans and a t-shirt to a nice restaurant.

5. MarkThomas

MarkThomas Senior member

I don't work in an office so my daily garb tends to be:
    -OCBD / gingam BD / untucked cotton BD
    -chinos or dark jeans
    -suede bluchers or white canvas sneakers.
    I wear this type of outfit whether I'm working, out and about, or just bumming around the house.

I wear suits on weekends mostly - dinners/galas/church/weddings/funerals etc.

If the wife and I head out for a date or even just dinner at a remotely nice place I'll throw on a jacket and maybe a tie (depending on the establishment).

All that said, I remain pretty consistent with my dress with the exception of the unusually hot day where I'll wear some seersucker shorts with a BD shirt.

6. duggyald

duggyald Senior member

I maintain a style mostly for work but during weekends my style is more relaxed, shirt & jeans.

7. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Are you the one out of the village people?