Do you maintain the same style always?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CrAz3D, Aug 14, 2012.

1. CrAz3D

CrAz3D Senior member

Do you _always_ wear suits? If no, is your variety limited to nice slacks and nice shoes?

Example: Especially while I was in undergrad, my styles were ... nearly polar. I wore a suit and tie throughout the day, as I worked for a lawyer. However, once I got home, I went to a white v-neck tshirt + western jeans (more western than even Wranglers) and cowboy boots; bonus being that I'd rolled my cigarette pack up in my sleeve. Friends knew I worked for a lawyer, but those that only saw me on weekends were always surprised when they saw me during the weekdays. Co-workers that knew me as wearing a suit and tie assumed I drove some sport car and always looked formal, but were surprised to see me in my lifted 4x4 truck wearing a cowboy hat + boots, etc.
    /sidenote: I realized that at times I out-dressed my boss and most lawyers in town, so I toned it down a lot to less than business casual.

I still enjoy my boots and my hats. I also like my pearl snaps and jeans.

THE QUESTION!: Do yall, at times, dress to such a different extreme regularly?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012

2. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

From Monday to Thursday I usually wear a sport coat. My suits are used for meetings, interviews, funerals and semi-formals. Weekends and holidays are for my streetwear.

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I'm very consistent with the way I dress for various occasions. I look the same day to day for work, social occasions, lounging about, etc.

4. TM79

TM79 Senior member

I'm still growing my wardrobe but I always try to look my best for each occasion. I'm not wearing a suit for weekend errands and I'm not wearing jeans and a t-shirt to a nice restaurant.

5. MarkThomas

MarkThomas Senior member

I don't work in an office so my daily garb tends to be:
    -OCBD / gingam BD / untucked cotton BD
    -chinos or dark jeans
    -suede bluchers or white canvas sneakers.
    I wear this type of outfit whether I'm working, out and about, or just bumming around the house.

I wear suits on weekends mostly - dinners/galas/church/weddings/funerals etc.

If the wife and I head out for a date or even just dinner at a remotely nice place I'll throw on a jacket and maybe a tie (depending on the establishment).

All that said, I remain pretty consistent with my dress with the exception of the unusually hot day where I'll wear some seersucker shorts with a BD shirt.

6. duggyald

duggyald Senior member

I maintain a style mostly for work but during weekends my style is more relaxed, shirt & jeans.

7. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Are you the one out of the village people?