1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Do you look like a celebrity?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by denimdestroyedmylife, Sep 13, 2006.

1. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

[​IMG] Hmmm... I'm trying to picture him with a black MA-1 bomber jacket. [​IMG]

2. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

I've gotten Paul Simon, on a number of occasions. I see no resemblance. When I had an abundant head of hair, I used to be compared to George Segal. Again, I see no resemblance.

My sister used to look very much like Cher, before Cher destroyed herself, under the knife.

3. sybaritical

sybaritical Senior member

I'd obviously prefer chain mail to very expensive limited edition japanese repro garments, but when I tried it out no one would sit next to me on the bus.

4. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

I'd obviously prefer chain mail to very expensive limited edition japanese repro garments, but when I tried it out no one would sit next to me on the bus.

It might have had something to do with the sword.

5. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

nah... never have people say ilook like a celebrity... but always say they know me from somewhere... even if im in another city.

6. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

check this out, you upload a picture of yourself (straight on head shot, like your license) and this face recognition software tells you the degree of resemblance between you and some celebrity:

http://www.myheritage.com

I look most like Billy Idol. nice.

7. denimdestroyedmylife

There's a Stevie Wonder impersonator around here that always posts flyers on telephone poles and such. If he's cheap, I'd consider renting him for a night out. I could be his wingman.

8. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

A couple of people have told me I look like Tom Brady (the Patriots QB).

My grandfather looks like George C. Scott. He was mistaken for Scott in the past on numerous occasions.

9. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

Emmanuelle BÃ[​IMG]art is what people have said, but I disagree.

10. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

check this out, you upload a picture of yourself (straight on head shot, like your license) and this face recognition software tells you the degree of resemblance between you and some celebrity:

http://www.myheritage.com

I look most like Billy Idol. nice.

im 72% leonardo dicaprio.... hmmm...

11. denimdestroyedmylife

Emmanuelle BÃ[​IMG]art is what people have said, but I disagree.
    OMG!!! Uh... I look like Michel Piccoli [​IMG]

12. Jill

Jill Senior member

Hmm. I tried that software. It said Chuck resembled Kofi Annan AND Maria Sharapova, so I don't pay it too much credence! It said I looked most like Charlize Theron (97%) and Adriana Karembeu (96%)!! Now wouldn't that have made life easier were it true!!!

But in real life, I've most often been told Stockard Channing (when my cheeks are chubby) and Lynda Carter. I don't really see it. But I'll take it as a compliment anyway, depite the fact that they're 13 & 20 years my senior!

13. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

I've gotten Tiki Barber quite a bit, but I don't think so.

14. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Someone told me once that I look like Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto.

Thats when I cut off their head with my sword and made six dishes (including ice cream) with their innards.

15. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I've gotten Tiki Barber quite a bit, but I don't think so.

You aren't Shaun Alexander are you?

[​IMG]

16. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Jill, you look like Bird York in that new profile pic.

Some of the more notable celebrities I've been compared to are Takeshi Kaneshiro, Lee Hom Wang, Sean Penn, Jet Li. Myheritage thought I looked like Bruce Willis, Aung San Suu Kyi, and Zhang Ziyi. Then a picture with a different facial expression got totally different results.

17. Jill

Jill Senior member

Jill, you look like Bird York in that new profile pic...
    Thank you!! Must be the angle, though, because I would never be that skinny in this lifetime.

18. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

You aren't Shaun Alexander are you?

[​IMG]

LOL!! Nope not him either.

19. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

20. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Okay, I bit on the MyHeritage thing...pretty neat. Here FWIW, is my list: Michael Keaton (53%) Sean Connery (53%) Patricia Velasques (?!?) (53%) Jimmy Carter (53%) Kyra Sedgwick (52%) Carl Sagan (billions and billions of %) [​IMG] Diane Keaton (wtf!?!) 50% Mikis Theodorakis (48%) (For your information, I am none of these people. Although I share a name with two cultural "icons", both of film fame.) Edit: I ran a 10-year-old photo through the thing and came up with a startlingly different set of results: Shahrukh Khan (70%) Keira Knightley (62%) Liv Tyler (61%) Grace Kelly (61%) Fernando Redondo (60%) Jim Henson (59%) Kristanna Loken (58%) Jon Stewart (54%) Carson Daly (54%) (Another fwiw: I am consistently mistaken for a former governor of a Great Plains state. He even called me "him" once when we met.)