• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you like to eat anything strange/unusual?

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Christ, even with the warning I was too stupid not to look..

That's sicker than 2G1C.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicboy
Still I've tried horse sashimi, sea snale bile, bull penis, salmon and tuna eyeballs, braised turtle, pig blood (as stew in Manila, and as dimsum in China), agave worms (on a dare), field crickets, chitlins or pig intestines and Spam.

I`ve tried almost everything you mentioned, but the worst has to be Spam!
laugh.gif

kalice

Reaction score
snake.

that'll put hairs between your toes.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to love the balut as a kid, the broth especially, which looking back is like drinking amniotic fluid.

When I was in Ob, a patient went into the final stages of labor and it meant business had to be taken care of NOW.

The resident I was with didn't have time to fully gown herself and put on a face protector (mask with a plastic eye shield). There's a reason why you have to do that...

Anyway, the patient started pushing while the resident was talking to her giving instructions. Guess what happened.

juicemakesugar

Reaction score
Everything that has been mentioned has been tame and softcore in nature except for the ortolan.

I myself like raw crab marinated in kim chee liquid.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
Where can I try the sea snail bile?

If sea snails are available in any sushi place, they'd serve the bile with the rest on the plate
BTW, if I were you, I'd skip this.

Originally Posted by bbaquiran
Pig blood dimsum -- is this similar to the cubed chicken blood (a.k.a. Betamax) we get on the street in Manila?

Nope, tastes totally different. It is a popular dimsum fare in Hong Kong and China. Usually you mix it with stewed radish.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
When I was in Ob, a patient went into the final stages of labor and it meant business had to be taken care of NOW.

The resident I was with didn't have time to fully gown herself and put on a face protector (mask with a plastic eye shield). There's a reason why you have to do that...

Anyway, the patient started pushing while the resident was talking to her giving instructions. Guess what happened.

Can you give him a balut and ask him if tastes the same?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie

She became a cannibal?

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol

The worst part is that Dr. C had to stay there to get through the important stuff. Once that was done, she excused herself to go wash her face and mouth and then returned to finish up. She told me after that she almost threw up when it happened.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
She became a cannibal?

Nah, I've had baby before. They don't taste so good.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
They must have forgot the tenderizer.

It's all the pee they drink while in the womb.

Babies taste like urine.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

LOL, in my sig

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
LOL, in my sig

wow! my first sig quote! i feel like a made man!

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
since people are posting pics, here's my contribution. definitely no where near as bad as the balut. i took the pic to gross out a friend of mine. this was served as part of a breakfast buffet. i don't mind it during the standard dimsum hour but at 8am in the morning, it was a little much.

-Jeff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics