• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you like this?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I really like the shirt/tie combo on the right (in the first picture)
but is it SNOWING in the store or are you just being attacked by large peices of dust???
I'm not a big fan of the poofy bow tie/ poofy pocket square in the second picture. I actually like the jacket though.
Third picture is very nice, is that your closet? No black?
So there's my opinion.

bryce330

Reaction score

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Third picture is very nice, is that your closet? No black?
So there's my opinion.
Do you think that I would have 7 times the same jacket?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but is it SNOWING in the store or are you just being attacked by large peices of dust???  
Picture through the window so may be dust on it

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um, ernest, you might want to get the security tag removed from the fifth jacket from the right. Really breaks up the silhouette.

Is this your country wardrobe? Or are you really a farmer? Or are these pictures from a store? Or are you preparing for a future career as a country gentleman of leisure (good work if you can get it.)

French unemployment or welfare benefits are *way* too high. How is the debt and deficit?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Um, ernest, you might want to get the security tag removed from the fifth jacket from the right.  Really breaks up the silhouette.  

Is this your country wardrobe?  Or are you really a farmer?  Or are these pictures from a store?  Or are you preparing for a future career as a country gentleman of leisure (good work if you can get it.)  

French unemployment or welfare benefits are *way* too high.  How is the debt and deficit?
Are you so bored in your life to spend your time answering to messages you find not interesting?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm writing a manuscript, because I find that I write better at night. And sometimes I need a distraction. Taking the piss out of prickly unemployed Frenchmen does the trick.

BTW, take my advice about getting the security tag removed, if nothing else.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm writing a manuscript, because I find that I write better at night.  And sometimes I need a distraction.  Taking the piss out of prickly unemployed Frenchmen does the trick.

BTW, take my advice about getting the security tag removed, if nothing else.
I do not care about your life.

How can you explain that I am so important in yours?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ernest asks:
Are you so bored in your life to spend your time answering to messages you find not interesting?

After which I wrote:
And sometimes I need a distraction. Taking the piss out of prickly unemployed Frenchmen does the trick.

TO which ernest responds:
How can you explain that I am so important in yours?

Did I not answer his question? Am I making fun of someone who has a legitimate cognitive problem?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did I not answer his question?  Am I making fun of someone who has a legitimate cognitive problem?
How can someone like that be SO IMPORTANT in your life?

As you don't seem to catch what is under words =

What would be the interest to make fun of people on a forum for a guy who would have an interesting job, a nice girlfriend, who would have many friends and so much passions in life?

NONE .

As you may not understand the conslusion =

You have none of these things (otherwise you wouldn't lose your time with somebody with a cognitive problem) and SO you should better solve your problems instead of being obsessed by myself.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think if you switched the phrase "obsessed with" to "amused by" it would make far more sense...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Drizz. Ernest, *now* do you understand? I do have an interesting life, job, girlfriend, friends, etc... I actually have had personal interactions with quite a number of forum members who can attest to one or more of those things. But you amuse me. A lot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads