1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Do you like this suit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ernest, Feb 13, 2005.

1. lionel

lionel Well-Known Member

Ernest, by the way, do you know where I could find the Weston 180 loafer on sale ? Is there a Weston outlet, in Troyes maybe ?

2. ernest

ernest Senior member

Yes I think there is a W outlet in Troyes but I have never been in Troyes so I can not say if you have chance to find something.

Which size/color do you need? I could phone them for you if you want to.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Sorry ernest, I agree with Carlo here. Not a classy move. At very least you should be splitting your "winnings" with her.

4. ernest

ernest Senior member

Tell her she has managed to land a real catch. ...Ok, I was about to say I could see you keeping the discount on the jacket... then you turned around and said you were going to charge her 250 for the thing. Â LOL. Let's hope she doesn't read the forum ...she may go shopping for a new boyfriend
    Sorry ernest, I agree with Carlo here. Â Not a classy move. Â At very least you should be splitting your "winnings" with her.
    I lend her 1 000 euros without any intrest for shopping, this is already enough classy

5. lionel

lionel Well-Known Member

Ernest,
    That's very nice of you .
    I need a size 42 in brown or brown suede

6. Matt

Matt Senior member

tis a rare gentleman indeed who chooses not to charge interest to that one special girl....

BTW - how much were your travel costs to go all the way back there to return your suit...erodes your "winnings" I would suspect

7. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

Tell our founding fathers that...
    .....Ernest, though I personally do not care for the suit, it is a very nice suit, just alter something so it fits just a little better...it looks nice on you.

8. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

They are dead. How do you propose I tell them? I'm all ears.

9. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

Something tells me he has a carte orange that would work for the first few zones. If he risks it again for the last zone, he will have paid nothing. If he gets caught, being a gentleman, he'll certainly die of shame and that will be the end of Ernest on the SF.

10. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

See, because of them you can have the freedom to make such off the cuff statements. Though war is not something wonderful, it serves it's own precarious reasoning in history and at times definitely serves itself as a triumph to the betterment of mankind, and therefore quite often represents pride for the down trodden. Take the Jews in WW II, do you think pride did not serve up to the men who freed the enslaved prisoners of the Nazi regime, if you do not think there was a time to be proud of war, then my friend you do not get it at all. However, I do not want to debate war and it's intricacies, I prefer to just make a conscience view about a mans suit.

11. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

While seizing on the obvious, you fail to understand my more subtle point: the good outcomes of war are surely something for which one may feel pride, but the killing should not be.

12. LA Guy

Ernest, ernest, ernest. You are supposed to *give* her gifts, especially if you coerced her into going shopping with you in the first place. Lending her the money is reasonable enough if you can't afford/prefer-to-not get her all the stuff she wants; but I don't see any self-respecting guy making interest off his girlfriend. That would take a real piece of work.

13. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

I lend her 1 000 euros without any intrest for shopping, this is already enough classy
    Ernest, ernest, ernest. Â You are supposed to *give* her gifts, especially if you coerced her into going shopping with you in the first place. Â Lending her the money is reasonable enough if you can't afford/prefer-to-not get her all the stuff she wants; but I don't see any self-respecting guy making interest off his girlfriend. Â That would take a real piece of work.
    Word. Every self-respecting guy I know charges two points on loans to their GFs.

14. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Originally Posted by LA Guy,Feb. 17 2005,11:55
    Ernest, ernest, ernest. Â You are supposed to *give* her gifts, especially if you coerced her into going shopping with you in the first place. Â Lending her the money is reasonable enough if you can't afford/prefer-to-not get her all the stuff she wants; but I don't see any self-respecting guy making interest off his girlfriend. Â That would take a real piece of work.

Word. Â Every self-respecting guy I know charges two points on loans to their GFs.
    The nicer ones accept repayment in kind.

15. linux_pro

linux_pro Senior member

(LA Guy @ Feb. 17 2005,07:00) Quote Tell her she has managed to land a real catch. ...Ok, I was about to say I could see you keeping the discount on the jacket... then you turned around and said you were going to charge her 250 for the thing. LOL. Let's hope she doesn't read the forum ...she may go shopping for a new boyfriend
    Sorry ernest, I agree with Carlo here. Not a classy move. At very least you should be splitting your "winnings" with her.
    I lend her 1 000 euros without any intrest for shopping, this is already enough classy[/quote] Ernest, that comment made me laugh to the point of tears. That is probably the most beautiful thing I have read all day.

16. LA Guy