• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you like this contrast collar and cuff shirt?

whistler

Reaction score
My new tailorstore.com shirt arrived in the mail today...my fifth attempt and the sizing is about right. Having seen the shirt now, I can't decide if I like the contrasting collar/cuff. Stripes are dark blue.
IMG_1473.jpg
IMG_1471.jpg
IMG_1469.jpg

Drydis Greis

Reaction score
peepwall[1].gif
For whatever reason, I always think the shirtmaker ran out of cloth. But that's me...

DandySF

Reaction score
The similarity of colors makes the shirt much more subtle, and less predictable, than I expected when I first read "contrast collar and cuff shirt."

Wrigglez

Reaction score
i love contrasts, in your case it works with out looking to gordan gekko because its white on white.

i wish i could pull off a blue and white stripe with contrasting collars and cuffs but i cannot.
frown.gif

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you wearing a t-shirt underneath?

bankboss

Reaction score
Nice shirt. I have a similar contrast shirt but my stripes are black. I wear it with a basic black suit and a similar tie to yours as well.

modo101

Reaction score
I like the shirt, however i do think if the stripes were louder it would even better. The shirt could do with a good iron.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it. I know some people have said they want it to be bolder but why not have subtle shirts as well? Its nice to have diversity.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice - try some nice Talbot links.

litho

Reaction score
i dont like the fit and in england that would be considered a shirt for someone who works in the city

Albern

Reaction score
The contrast collar here is interesting; it's something I normally don't think of and I was expecting to see a louder contrast when I read the title of the thread.

I personally don't like contrast collars but I like this. Great work.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Louder stripes would have been better. There's not enough contrast.

+1. That's the main issue for me.

I don't wear them every day, but from time to time I like them. Although I have mine made up with a contrasting collar, but self cuffs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads