• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you like these shoes?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got these in the mail today. Â I picked them up for $115 during the sale. Â I felt I needed a burgundy/cordovan color and couldn't resist this deal. Â Moreschi My first thought about the shoes is that the leather is very soft and a little thin already. Â The finish is good on them though, so I'm thinking they should look good for at least a good while. Â They are blake stitched, which I'm okay with for the price I paid. Â I like the styling a lot. Â I remember the thread about what color shoes to wear with navy blue suits and cordovan did not get a lot of votes. Â I'm wondering why. Â I thought these would be a good option for both navy and charcoal suits. Â And I have a pair of dress slacks with a subtle burgundy pinstripe (got them at Banana) and I thought these shoes picked up the pattern nicely. I even picked up a matching belt by Polo at TJ Maxx today -- $145 retail marked down to $14.99. Â What do you think of them? Â (I know they aren't a match for $800 shoes, but I'm sort of just dabbling in cordovan color for now).

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i Like them. I only wear black shoes unless I am in Italy on Business, so I go a little more laid back... Dont ask I cant explain, but I think that cordovan is a Nice color and if I were to go outside of black it wold be cordovan.

In any event, for a POO POO HEAD like yourself these should be really nice.

Enjoy them.

JJF

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In any event, for a POO POO HEAD like yourself these should be really nice.
What? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Old/New Zenga Soffffffft suit - $350 Cordovan Shoes - $135 Kalra's response to the POO POO remark - Priceless.
wink.gif

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why do they call them loafers?

i think they look nice. call me crazy but i'd like to wear them with dark blue jeans.

dark green trousers would look good with them too, IMO. grey flannel of course...maybe various tweeds as well. i'll give you navy suit too, but that's harder for me to picture. i guess i'm not real keen on the idea of a navy suit in the first place, but that's just my problem.

/andrew

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(kalra2411 @ 23 July 2004, 6:02) Quote In any event, for a POO POO HEAD like yourself these should be really nice.
Old/New Zenga Soffffffft suit - $350 Cordovan Shoes - $135 Kalra's response to the POO POO remark - Priceless.
wink.gif
[/quote] LOL... Kalra, you'll have to read a previous post regarding nefarious Ebay sellers -- specifically page 5 of the thread.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL... Â Kalra, you'll have to read a previous post regarding nefarious Ebay sellers -- specifically page 5 of the thread.
Whew... For a minute there I thought Steve B. Was gonna get here and gimme a slap on the wrist. Thanks for posting that JN3.
smile.gif
JJF

Brian SD

Reaction score
(kalra2411 @ 23 July 2004, 6:02) Quote In any event, for a POO POO HEAD like yourself these should be really nice.
wink.gif
[/quote] Oh my, my coworkers are wondering why I am laughing so hard.

TomW

Reaction score
I have that exact same pair. Had them for 5-6 months now and they are wearing very well.

kalra2411

Reaction score
Kalra, you'll have to read a previous post regarding nefarious Ebay sellers -- specifically page 5 of the thread.

I see, I was avoiding that thread, as I have never used ebay.

JFK

Reaction score
Nice looking shoes, johnny - I think they'll look great with both the navy suit and the charcoal grey; I also think they'd look great with olive or tan.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice looking shoes, johnny - I think they'll look great with both the navy suit and the charcoal grey; I also think they'd look great with olive or tan.

I agree with that cordovan goes nicely with charcoal gray and navy, but olive?  Is that a widely-held opinion?

dan

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads