• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you like them, the cheap shoes?

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
of the <200 MSRP variety? I won't wear crappy dress shoes, but my casual rotation features items like Bass bucks, Sperry Topsiders and boots from Timberland Abington collection. Do you have the cheap shoes, or are you full-time fancy?

Expressions Realia

Reaction score
I think it just depends. To be honest my "classy" by your definition "expensive" I find at consignment stores or online auctions and don't pay anywhere near that price. Maybe I'm just lucky. Also you can feel and see quality, even if you don't recognize the brand, if it's a quality item why not go for it?

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
of the <200 MSRP variety? I won't wear crappy dress shoes, but my casual rotation features items like Bass bucks, Sperry Topsiders and boots from Timberland Abington collection. Do you have the cheap shoes, or are you full-time fancy?

I still like quality, but I don't go all-out for work clothes as too much has been ruined by office equipment - snagged on printers and cabinet handles, stained by this or that. And there's a processing room that has a raised floor for air vents and cabling and the tiles there eat shoe soles (I can't explain it). I buy something nice-looking from Zappos and expect to replace them in less than a year.

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
I'm a trainee teacher. Loakes are my bread and butter. I've got a pair of MTO Trickers that my parents chipped in as a Christmas/Birthday present, but other than that, it's just Loakes and AE off Ebay. One day, when I make the big bucks, I'll shell out a fortune for C&amp;J and EG and no one will notice but me.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$300 minimum or go home.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by westinghouse
$300 minimum or go home.

+1

Casual shoes are one thing, but dress shoes... I don't have any that have an MSRP lower than low $300s.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My current dress shoes for work < $100 RRP black recycled leather derbies.
Thin, glued, rubber soles. Comfortable as runners and I can sure as hell run in them without killing my feet.

I wear them at least 4 days a week for the past 6months. Still haven't fallen apart yet.

Oh please do list all the SF sins I've committed judging from those few short sentences above.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can't afford the super expensive nice shoes yet... but i think i snagged some nice looking "cheap" shoes today
shoemix.jpg
opinions? i won't reveal the brand or price for now so as not to bring out brand name bias (*two diff shoes pictured together*)

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox
i can't afford the super expensive nice shoes yet...

but i think i snagged some nice looking "cheap" shoes today
shoemix.jpg

opinions?
i won't reveal the brand or price for now so as not to bring out brand name bias

The left shoe doesn't match the right one.

In fact, they don't seem to be of the same size.

I hope you got them for some serious discount.

alexei

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry

Meh. Close enough.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry

lol
i guess i should have specified that i bought TWO pairs of shoes
and i just put 1 of each together for the picture

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox
lol
i guess i should have specified that i bought TWO pairs of shoes
and i just put 1 of each together for the picture

I was going to say, they look like two different shoes. You'd have a hard time looking classy with only one wingtip. I realize you may be just avoiding embarrassment so I'll just say that if you like wearing two different size and style of shoe, that's fine. I'd be more happy to see you just be yourself rather than trying to appease StyleForum.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like to buy shity shoes at full retail
eh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads