• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you like them, my new (boring) shoes?

houserichichi

Reaction score
I received my first pair of boring captoe E.Zegna fatte a mano in a great dark brown. Tell me what you think and give me some details on the shoes as I really don't know anything about the quality (even after a quick scour of the search function):

Excuse the cat. He certainly liked the laces.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zegna shoes are a joint venture with Ferragamo. They are good shoes, the Zegna not as good as the Tremazza's but not like the Studio line either.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They look identical to my Ferragamo "Bruce". Which most on here have said is overpriced, but i like them alot.

They're extremely comfortable after about 2-3 days of break-in.

They only difference is that my Ferragamos are a lighter brown with an antique look:

P1010076.jpg

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
Zegna shoes are a joint venture with Ferragamo. They are good shoes, the Zegna not as good as the Tremazza's but not like the Studio line either.

I was under the impression that SF made only a certain line of EZ's shoes - not all of them.

satorstyle

Reaction score
^

That's true in fact I think the XXX Couture line are made by Sutor Mantellassi.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like those very much. Not boring at all.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I like them.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are beautiful shoes. I like the brown.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by satorstyle
^

That's true in fact I think the XXX Couture line are made by Sutor Mantellassi.

I believe some Zegna Couture shoes are made as part of the ZeFer joint venture with Ferragamo and others in the Zegna Couture line are made by Mantellassi. The Mantellassi-made shoes can be distinguished by clumps of 3 nails in the soles (on the heels?) and a row of closely spaced nails at the toes. I'd need to check my Mantellassi shoes at home to verify the exact nail pattern Mantellassi uses for their own shoes and the Zegna Couture shoes (it's the same).

schizophoniks

Reaction score
I really like your shoes, they are not boring at all. I also like the color, looks a bit like dark brown-burgundy.

madison avenue

Reaction score
I really like the shoes but the pictures up there somewhere with the guy in jeans and those shoes no offence but that look is not working it.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madison avenue
I really like the shoes but the pictures up there somewhere with the guy in jeans and those shoes no offence but that look is not working it.
Was going to post the same thing. Nice shoes, btw.

GeorgePaul

Reaction score
Good looking shoes. Nice color -- very versatile.

phorm

Reaction score
love the shoes. i have a pair myself. very comfortable and i look how they look, although i was a little worried about the pointiness of the toe at first.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads