do you like the style on jackass movies?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Arnold_Horseshack, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

hi wilson brother i dont like owin wilson too much! but hes got a great last name!!!!lololol i think jonny knoxville is cool n so is steveo[​IMG]

i think dickies n chuck tailors and cool tshirts rule![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I...er... I mean, dude, are you serious? What would possess you to join a forum like this?

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

3. Arnold_Horseshack

Arnold_Horseshack Well-Known Member

Hey Arnold-

I prefer Steve B. [​IMG]

Can you tell me though what's a dickie?

hi wilson!!!! dickies r pants its a brandname there blue gray or black or brown and there works pants and used ta be real cheap to buy but now their not[​IMG] ya wear um at gas stations where u work but nowadays the rich kids dress that way too[​IMG] u can see bam margera and steveo and johnny knoxville wear em bc skaters like em alot[​IMG] im gonna make em parta my uniform when me n my bros garage opens.....dickies makes shirts and jackets to!!!! i love the beach bros bc my oldest bro hadda endless summer record n i used ta play it over oand over and over[​IMG] kinda makes me said tho....its the best....

4. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Is it too much to ask that you at least TRY to use punctuation? I mean, content aside, it is hard to take a message seriously that uses more "slayer smilies" than it does capital letters.

EDIT: In looking at some of your posts on other threads... maybe it's time for you to retire the slayer smiley. No, just retire in general.

5. wilson brother

wilson brother Senior member

hi wilson!!!! dickies r pants its a brandname there blue gray or black or brown and there works pants and used ta be real cheap to buy but now their not[​IMG] ya wear um at gas stations where u work but nowadays the rich kids dress that way too[​IMG] u can see bam margera and steveo and johnny knoxville wear em bc skaters like em alot[​IMG] im gonna make em parta my uniform when me n my bros garage opens.....dickies makes shirts and jackets to!!!! i love the beach bros bc my oldest bro hadda endless summer record n i used ta play it over oand over and over[​IMG] kinda makes me said tho....its the best....

Hello Arnold-

thanks for the information..although I dont understand all of this [​IMG]. Are you a skater? I would like to be a little like Tony Hawk myself [​IMG].

Since you like Endless Summer I think you should try Pet Sounds next..thats the Beach Boys masterpiece [​IMG]

-Danny Wilson

6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

7. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

leng t'che or reread this thread.... this thread = pain without ecstacy and at least they drug you before slicing, so leng t'che it is. [​IMG]

8. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

I can't conceivably imagine what the humor in those films are. If I had wanted to laugh at things like that, I'd go find George Batailles's Tears of Eros where culmination is reached by showcasing an entire photographic album of a Chinese "slicing" execution.

I gotta say, if you think the humor in the Jackass films is even vaguely related to something like laughing at the 1905 execution photos, you simply don't understand the Jackass movies. I'm not particularly a fan of them, but that simply evinces a total lack of understanding.

9. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

[​IMG]

Or, more to the point, why did I do it AGAIN?

10. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Or, more to the point, why did I do it AGAIN?

On the plus side, Suicide Elmo is now my desktop background.

11. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

On the plus side, Suicide Elmo is now my desktop background.
    hahaha [​IMG]

12. denimdestroyedmylife

the jackass films seem to play on violence, sadomasochism and (homo)eroticism; i can see the parallel with Bataille. though I haven't read Tears of Eros, i have read ABOUT it and it seems to address the ecstacy that is reached through extreme pain. the ecstacy of saint theresa comes to mind: [​IMG]
    I saw in his hand a long spear of gold, and at the iron's point there seemed to be a little fire. He appeared to me to be thrusting it at times into my heart, and to pierce my very entrails; when he drew it out, he seemed to draw them out also, and to leave me all on fire with a great love of God. The pain was so great, that it made me moan; and yet so surpassing was the sweetness of this excessive pain, that I could not wish to be rid of it. The soul is satisfied now with nothing less than God. The pain is not bodily, but spiritual; though the body has its share in it. It is a caressing of love so sweet which now takes place between the soul and God, that I pray God of His goodness to make him experience it who may think that I am lying.

13. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

the jackass films seem to play on violence, sadomasochism and (homo)eroticism; i can see the parallel with Bataille. though I haven't read Tears of Eros, i have read ABOUT it and it seems to address the ecstacy that is reached through extreme pain.

True, but one of the fundamental premises in Jackass--the thing that allows the audience to laugh instead of simply horrifying them--is that they do it to themselves. They do. And that's what really hurts. (Them and no one else.)

14. denimdestroyedmylife

well, they do it to each other a lot too. rolling bowling balls into each other's privates come to mind. creeps. losers. (what the hell am i doing here? i don't belong here. oh. oh. [falsetto])

15. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Well, one thing we can agree on, they're special. So fucking speeeeeciaaaaal. Mostly in that styrofoam helmet way.