• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do you like the chevrolet camaro(2012)?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Always hated the interior. Otherwise it's a good looking car, but I would rather get a Mustang.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always like the style of American muscle cars (for the most part) but the performance always lags behind foreign cars (unless you're going to just go in a straight line). They've been getting much better, though...

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ZL1 looks cool. Needs GPS though. How any car can be made without it nowadays baffles me.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Meh. It's too retro, IMO. I hate retro-styled cars.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i raced one yesterday on the highway.

dude was tailgating me so hard so i downshifted into third to pull away and he kept following me. he def. had the v6 because i beat him in my zhp.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

i raced one yesterday on the highway.
dude was tailgating me so hard so i downshifted into third to pull away and he kept following me. he def. had the v6 because i beat him in my zhp.

should've hit the NAWS bro. Would've smoked him.

KurtS90

Reaction score
There huge and heavy (To damn pricey)! There not much faster then LS1 fourth gen F-Bodies. Only current muscle car I would consider is a new Mustang. But then again for about the same price, I would buy a classic Mach 1 or late 60's Camaro and be glad to have the real deal.

~Kurt

Millerp

Reaction score
The Camaro has a very high belt line. Feels confining like you are sitting in a bathtub.
The Mustang feels a lot more comfortable to drive in terms of visibility.

In terms of looks, I think the 2012 Dodge Challenger has them both beat for the retro look.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got stuck with one those SS models as a rental car and hated it. What a POS.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i've fallen out of love with it. loved the concept/early photos, really liked the bumblebee version in the transformers movie. then they all started hitting the streets and i was like :paranoia:

then i was like :uhoh:

and then i was like :plain:

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both the Camaro and Challenger look really big and clunky, which doesn't help the reputation of American sportscars only being useful at driving in a straight line.

apz06

Reaction score
I've always like the style of American muscle cars (for the most part) but the performance always lags behind foreign cars (unless you're going to just go in a straight line). They've been getting much better, though...

Have you ever taken a new mustang, basically any vette, the 3rd gen vipers, or the new cts Vs to a road corse? Or driven in them? Im positive you will be very impressed, the 5.0 is on par with the m3s and the others exceed. Also the vettes get better gas milage than the mighty m3. . . . . . . .As far as the camaro and challenger not my cup of tea at all. They got it right and made them look super retro and i suppose they are nice cars just not serious performers. Just to heavy. its weight is just so counterproductive for performance, also esp in the camaro terrible blind spots. . .The only heavy, great performing car to date id say is the gtr. . . Oh and the bugatti veyron aint half bad i guess
laugh.gif

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The only heavy, great performing car to date id say is the gtr. . .

Was exchanging lanes and doing around 90 for about 15 miles on the highway a couple nights ago with a GTR and it felt like he could have flown away and left me, in a 335i, far behind at anytime. It has subtle but interesting styling. Just looks like a car, not a design contest project. That was the first one I've seen.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Was exchanging lanes and doing around 90 for about 15 miles on the highway a couple nights ago with a GTR and it felt like he could have flown away and left me, in a 335i, far behind at anytime. It has subtle but interesting styling. Just looks like a car, not a design contest project. That was the first one I've seen.

That GTR is brilliant. Bunch of them in my town. He'd have dusted you in neutral.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics