• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you like meatloaf

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you like meatloaf? I remember eating stuff like that as a kid, and generally, it seemed like the poorer the family, the better the meatloaf tasted.

I had meatloaf the other day at a restaurant, it was pretty good. I had forgotten how good it can be, although the restaurant version didn't seem as good as what I had as a kid.

So, what do you think? Meatloaf or no? Good recipes?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I liked it as a kid. Now I wouldn't eat it warm, but I love it for sandwiches.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I had meatloaf for the first time in probably 25 years at FCI family meal about a month ago. It was great.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. I love it.

Seeing it on menus more and more lately. Comfort food is back.

Curiously, I've never had it home made. I don't think Asian families make meatloaf. I've only ordered it at restaurants.

brlfvr

Reaction score
Turkey Meatloaf with marinara and mash potatoes. For those in Los Angeles, Ammo has some of the best.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an admission to make: I've never eaten meatloaf. I haven't even seen it in person. I'm not sure how I made it 37 years without even having seen it but here I am.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gorgekko
I have an admission to make: I've never eaten meatloaf. I haven't even seen it in person. I'm not sure how I made it 37 years without even having seen it but here I am.

Same here, though change it to only 26 years.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I add fennel seeds to meatloaf. Makes it taste very Italian.
Have experimented with using all beef or blending beef & pork or veal. Don't really have a favorite combination, they are all pretty good. America's Test Kitchen has detailed info about combining/using different meats.
I agree that sandwiches are the best.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Meatloaf is the Blue Blazer of American cuisine.

I happen to like both.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love meatloaf. I think I'm going to make a meatloaf this week in honor of this thread. I've never made it before but I have a feeling it's a hard dish to **** up if you have a modicum of kitchen skills. There's a few restaurants around town doing mid- to upscale American food that make some good meatloaf.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
I add fennel seeds to meatloaf. Makes it taste very Italian.
Have experimented with using all beef or blending beef & pork or veal. Don't really have a favorite combination, they are all pretty good. America's Test Kitchen has detailed info about combining/using different meats.
I agree that sandwiches are the best.

I've got a recipe somewhere for a meatloaf with lamb and feta...pretty good.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there was ever a food that needed a better name...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads