• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you like it the lamb

Rbaalrajhi

Reaction score
you think it good, or better with the chicken like with the shish taouk?

johnw86

Reaction score
I like lamb, although I've only eaten it in Indian restaurants.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Have you eat befor arab food?
Yes, and I've found most of it delightful, even though I couldn't tell you what it was called. I was treated to several large lunches and dinners, from restaurant affairs to sitting around a table with a council member's extended family. Five kinds of rice with fascinating spices, three kinds of meat so tender it falls from the bone (good thing when you're eating with your hands.), and soups and salads and yoghurts to spare. Best of all, I only had the runs for the first two weeks.

Tom

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know exactly how you understood "Arab food". Although I have never been to the Middle East, I have prepared dishes from Northern Africa and traveled to Turkey. I got a little tired of Turkish meals after a week, I must admit. One of my top ten favorite restaurants in the city where I live is a Moroccan restaurant.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
turkish food can blow your mind, if done right. some of the best places in turkey focus on one dish, and so an evening can be like a long tapas crawl, going from place to place and in each one eating one dish. fantastic spices meats, for the most part, roasted with sauces added after cooking.

arabic food can be good, but I find it a little simple. I have had some very good meals of lebanese food, also typically a meza style starter table and roasted meats accompanies by different spiced rices, lentils, and flat breads.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When we were in Turkey, we were pretty mobile, and the trip was more about getting to places we wanted to see rather than eating in nice restaurants. We ate what the Turks ate in whatever location we could find. My best memory will always be buying a few things at the outdoor market in Pergama, then eating a quince at the top of the deserted Roman theater, blinded by the sun.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When we were in Turkey, we were pretty mobile, and the trip was more about getting to places we wanted to see rather than eating in nice restaurants.  We ate what the Turks ate in whatever location we could find.  My best memory will always be buying a few things at the outdoor market in Pergama, then eating a quince at the top of the deserted Roman theater, blinded by the sun.
have you been to the museum in Berlin? I haven't been to pergama (every time I have been to Turkey it has been for work) but my wife had been, and then when we went to see the Pergamon museum in Berlin (one of my all time favorite places in the world) it was a real treat for her.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
recently I went to this nice placein ankara with my distributor in Turkey. we had some great kabobs, and they brought up Raki and a side of some dark red juice. I took a large sip of the Raki, and a gulp of the juice, thinking that it was probrably pomogranite. It was salty beet juice, which is apperently the correct chaser to drink with Raki, but isn't the most pleasant taste experience, in my opinion.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid I didn't know about that museum, the last time I was in Berlin. Then again, I was being taken around by German friends, and they had a pretty insistent idea of what they wanted me to see.
biggrin.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm afraid I didn't know about that museum, the last time I was in Berlin. Â Then again, I was being taken around by German friends, and they had a pretty insistent idea of what they wanted me to see. Â
biggrin.gif
do your self a favor, if you have any interest in history at all, get there next time you are in Berlin. I just pop into the musuem every time I am in Berlin, it has a fantastic drawing power. it is basically all the archeological monuments that the germans collected back in the days of empire. the british museum and the louvre are much more impresive in some ways, but the sheer audacity of the germans to bring in a whole temple, city gates, huge munuments is something that is unbelievable. it's in the center of museum island, in what used to be the eastern part of the city, and actually very close to a lot of other things.

Kasper

Reaction score
I don't like lamb as I find it to have a rather strong taste even with a lot of mint jelly.

Does anyone know if they make any meat products like Scrapple or some sort of sausage with lamb?

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have almost no experience with middle eastern food, but I love lamb. I cooked a leg last month, and used most of the bone and scraps to make a weeks worth of scotch broth. I used the most basic recipe ever (throw everything in a slow cooker and let it cook for 8 hours), and it was fantastic.

I'm going to attempt to make a lamb curry next time, though I'd like to find one that doesn't involve yogurt. Every recipe I've ever made that involved yogurt has turned into shite.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads