• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you like Fried Chicken?

Jay_1989

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
I don't think I've ever had Friend Chicken outside of KFC and Popeyes.
dude, you haven't lived yet

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by avijit
I have to revise, I made fried chick(new recipe) for dinner last night and was disappointed in the result while it was hot. The cold piece I just had for breakfast was freaking delicious. That being said, next time I make it I will go back to my old recipe.

cd duplication no minimum
road traffic accident

How did you change your recipe? Do you soak it in buttermilk, then dip in flour?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best fried chicken I ever had was at Max's Restaurant in Glendale.

Second place goes to some mom and pop in Florence, SC, I don't remember the name.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Best fried chicken I ever had was at Max's Restaurant in Glendale. Second place goes to some mom and pop in Florence, SC, I don't remember the name.
I've had their fried chicken at Max's . They use spring chicken that's why it's so tender.

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm making some right now (secret recipe + secret sauce)

:devil:

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a Puerto Rican restaurant about 15 minutes from me that has the most amazing fried chicken I've ever tasted. Puerto Rican food seems to be very fried and ***** overall and it's goddamned good... I can feel my heart constricting just thinking about it.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interestingly enough I was thinking about this the other day. I don't really like fried chicken too much anymore. I dig chick-fil-a and wings but other than that...not so much. Don't know why, really. Haven't ordered it in years.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only when accompanied by grape soda/a water melon.

Last edited:

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am marinating some wings right now, in Slap Ya Momma creole seasoning, frank red hot sauce and Sazon. Going to eat it and some steamed butter fish with rice and peas and cabbage maybe some fried dumpling or hush puppy.

dwcopple

Reaction score
Made some this weekend. Boneless tenderloins. 1 hour in a brine of water, Kosher salt, and garlic flavored rice wine vinegar. Then dredged in plain flour, dip in buttermilk, then dredge in flour seasoned with savory and cajun seasoning. Fried 4-5 minutes per side in Canola oil in a cast iron skillet. Was pretty good for a first attempt. Next time I will season the flour a bit more heavily.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something I never understood...why did Kentucky Fried Chicken change their name to KFC? I heard it had something to do with what they sell is GM and can no longer legally be called "chicken", might be an urban legend though. I never eat the stuff anyway, makes me vomit.

Last edited:

Dayman

Reaction score
I have a cast iron pan put some crisco in it and pan fry my chicken. Then make some mashed potatoes and gravy. Its is the best. Don't forget the biscuits either.

Octoberfile

Reaction score
Another vote for friend chicken....but KFC sucks. I miss Pioneer chicken. That **** was crunchy. KFC chicken is soft and the skin slides off the meat! Gross! Fried chicken has to be crunchy. Not all soft and slinky like the foreskin of a freshly circumcised penis.

Lousiana Fried Chicken > Popey's > KFC

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads