1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Do you like Fried Chicken?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Maharlika, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

I prefer a nice beer battered fish. My dad would always bring home H. Salt on Fridays for dinner.

Absolutely nothing compares to spending the night catching rainbow trout, catfish, and bass all night on the boat, casting ashore at the ass-crack of dawn the next morning, and cooking the night's catch for breakfast in a great cornmeal/pepper fry breading on a portable grill on the back of a pickup truck.

Damn, I miss South Carolina...

2. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

^^^Fried catfish/trout for breakfast? This is a new one. Anyway, I did go to the Golden Bird ( as recommended ) and had my fried chicken fix. It was good and may take a while before I have cravings for it. By the way, they also offered fried catfish w/ hush puppies at this place.

3. Milhouse

Milhouse Senior member

Fried chicken is one of those foods that I rarely eat. However, when I do eat it, I always think "damn, this is pretty good".

A "southern belle" I know told me that the chicken has to be soaked in buttermilk to make really good fried chicken. I've never tried cooking fried chicken, so hell if I know whether that is true or not. Seems like buttermilk is used a lot in southern food.

As for fried fish, one time we ran out of breading, so we used crushed up pretzels to bread some walleye. WOW was that good. I highly recommend it. I have almost used it a few times on normal breaded things, but then I think "hmm, this probably won't compare to fresh from the lake walleye".

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

5. why

why Senior member

Seems like buttermilk is used a lot in good food.

FTFY.

6. scarphe

scarphe Senior member

no the caloric intake from one piece is enough to scare me away from it.

7. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Fried chicken is one of those foods that I rarely eat. However, when I do eat it, I always think "damn, this is pretty good".

A "southern belle" I know told me that the chicken has to be soaked in buttermilk to make really good fried chicken. I've never tried cooking fried chicken, so hell if I know whether that is true or not. Seems like buttermilk is used a lot in southern food.

As for fried fish, one time we ran out of breading, so we used crushed up pretzels to bread some walleye. WOW was that good. I highly recommend it. I have almost used it a few times on normal breaded things, but then I think "hmm, this probably won't compare to fresh from the lake walleye".

Hell, yes. I don't make it often as I don't like it all that much, but that's how you do it. Soak it in buttermilk overnight, or for a few hours. Then, take it out, let the excess drip off, and dip the entire piece in Frank's Red Hot or some other similar red hot sauce. Then into flour, then egg wash, then into seasoned flour w/ pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper. So moist and yummo.

8. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

+1 Cluck U Fried Chicken... it used to be a rougher neighborhood than it is now.

Aww, I remember Cluck U. Visiting my friend at Howard at 3 in the morning, running in to grab some chicken, and then running the fuck out. Always getting some lemonade to go wif it.

9. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    I love some fried chicken!

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Hell, yes. I don't make it often as I don't like it all that much, but that's how you do it. Soak it in buttermilk overnight, or for a few hours. Then, take it out, let the excess drip off, and dip the entire piece in Frank's Red Hot or some other similar red hot sauce. Then into flour, then egg wash, then into seasoned flour w/ pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper. So moist and yummo.
    Sounds really good.

11. pdeng

pdeng Well-Known Member

So today I ordered a bucket of fried chicken from KFC, put it atop some homemade waffles and glazed that mess in syrup. My hand was shaking from the artery-clogging goodness.

12. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

^^ The last time I had KFC was a year ago, last summer. I had the original recipe and it's not the same KFC I used to eat when it was the real McCoy.

13. Tardek

Tardek Senior member

I don't like fried chicken.

14. Jay_1989

Jay_1989 Senior member

Aww, I remember Cluck U. Visiting my friend at Howard at 3 in the morning, running in to grab some chicken, and then running the fuck out. Always getting some lemonade to go wif it.
    aaah good 'ol cluck U. I mostly go there for the hot wings.

Anyway, I don't think anyone dislikes fried chicken. it's definitely one of my favorite meals, and I don't mind that it's unhealthy because i'm pretty skinny

15. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

I don't think I've ever had Friend Chicken outside of KFC and Popeyes.

16. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

^^ Well, I was doing my homework and this is one showed up. Good guess on your part. It's in south central L.A., you remember, the L.A. riots. Is it worth risking my life???!!!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/jim-dandy-fr...ried%20chicken

worth risking your life? cmon. i can walk the streets of south central at midnight with a hundred dollar bill sticking out of my breast pocket and not have anything done to me.

17. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

worth risking your life? cmon. i can walk the streets of south central at midnight with a hundred dollar bill sticking out of my breast pocket and not have anything done to me.

You might get hassled by some hookers.

18. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

You might get hassled by some hookers.

that's ok.

19. nairb49

nairb49 Senior member

Oh goddddd I love fried chicken. Can't resist it whenever I pass, doesn't matter where from. The only reason I work out and am crazily active is so that I can consume whatever I want, whenever I want.

20. Howard Englewood

Howard Englewood Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i went there during highschool from time to time. Their chicken was pretty weak IIRC