Do you like Fried Chicken?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Maharlika, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

The question is not whether or not one likes fried chicken, but rather, if one has a pulse. That shall answer your query.

Exactly

2. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    In my experience, the quality of the fried chicken is inversely related to the niceness of the restaurant.
    I don't recall where I came across this gem, but I've heard one can judge the quality of the food by simply counting the number of calendars hanging on the wall; more calendars = better food.

3. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

+ 1,000,000,000

+1,000

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

+ 1,000,000,000

+infinity

5. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

I have to do my homework on good fried chicken places here in L.A. Unfortunately, what we have here is the fast food restaurants like: KFC, Pioneer's Chicken, or Popeye's ( best of the three ). I've tried cooking it at home but it never comes out the fried chicken that it's suppose to look/taste like. I'd love some recommendations from L.A. locals who are in the know.

6. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I have to do my homework on good fried chicken places here in L.A. Unfortunately, what we have here is the fast food restaurants like: KFC, Pioneer's Chicken, or Popeye's ( best of the three ). I've tried cooking it at home but it never comes out the fried chicken that it's suppose to look/taste like. I'd love some recommendations from L.A. locals who are in the know.
    At the risk of perpetuating a racial stereotype, I'm going to guess that any soul food restaurant will serve decent fried chicken. Particularly if it's served from behind bulletproof glass.

7. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

8. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

Isn't Roscoe's Chicken and Biscuits pretty famous? I remember seeing a clip where larry king went there with snoop dogg. king was a complete tool for not finishing it though.

9. why

why Senior member

That place is walking distance from my office, and as such there is a guy who gets food there probably 4 out of 5 days per work week (sometimes 5 for 5...), and he's been doing it, apparently, for years. I have no idea how he is still alive.

You work in South End?

10. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

11. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Hollywood for Ugly People... Washington, DC
    At the risk of perpetuating a racial stereotype, I'm going to guess that any soul food restaurant will serve decent fried chicken. Particularly if it's served from behind bulletproof glass.

+1 Cluck U Fried Chicken... it used to be a rougher neighborhood than it is now.

12. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

If you live in Chi get some fried chicken from Lem's with the sauce on it. Only go during the day.

13. DNW

DNW Senior member

I was just watching Food Network's "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" and the episode featured Hattie's Fried Chicken. I must admit, it did look good! http://www.hattiesrestaurant.com/menu.htm
    I love fried chicken but, damn, $15.95 for an entree of fried chicken is a little rich. And I doubt they give you a whole chicken.

14. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

^^ Yes, for $15.95 it should be the whole chicken. It's something I crave on occasions and I probably eat fried chicken four or five times a year. People here would rather go to El Pollo Loco or California Chicken where it's grilled or roasted rotisserie style.

15. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

yes.