• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have sideburns?

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I first was able to grow facial hair, I've always worn sideburns. Closely cropped and a little longer than the midpoint of my ear, they're probably a bit longer than average, but not freak-flaggy (I hope). I have a rather prominent forehead (it holds my massive brain), and each time I've gone burn-less, I feel like my ears look too big. How about you?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They've been around mid-ear until I started shaving with a straight. Now they end just above the ear-lobe. Just not interested in looking like Vincent van Gogh.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a real job, I'm 26, and I have sideburns.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine not having a sideburn of some degree, I think if you cut them all totally it calls for a mullet.

In college I was extreme with the sideburns, I used to grow them to the base of my ear and then they would do a 45 degree turn halfway onto my cheek towards my mouth and come to a point. Now I just do a mid ear straight cut.

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back when I played for Motorhead.
devil.gif

I currently have a beard, does that count as extended sideburns?

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
I think unless you have a shaved head it looks totally bizarre to have a full head of hair and no sideburns. Photographs of men from the thirties showed no sideburns, but it just isn't really the style any more.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also have had sideburns since I was able to grow them, ranging from the current (and most typical for me) just-above-bottom-ear-edge, to mid-ear (when feeling more conservative), to jaw-bone (when I used to fancy myself more of a freak).

Luckily my wife does not ever want to see me without sideburns, regardless of what current fashion may dictate.

Torn

Reaction score
I have had sideburns since I could grow them, which for me was around 14. Since I have heavy eyebrows and dark hair, I really don't look right without some sort of facial hair. Sideburns are the most conservative way to balance things out.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since undergrad, I've always had sideburns down to the bottom of my ears. I feel naked without them.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hilarious poll. The choices provide just a little bit of coaching.

I think we could call it a push poll.

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
I can't grow sideburns. If I could migrate some hairs from my thick mustache to my sideburn area, I would in a heartbeat.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Hell yes, down to the very bottom of the ear but not a cm longer.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I have a real job, I'm 26, and I have sideburns.
+1, except I am 36.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads