1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a television in your living room?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by itsstillmatt, Feb 15, 2008.

1. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Seeing as how my bedroom is both my living room and den, I'd have to say yes, though it is not a TV specifically, it is a computer monitor with a receiver hooked into one of the inputs.

If I had my druthers I'd have a 100" LCD that is easily covered by a sliding solid wood panel (by remote control of course).

2. Andrew V.

Andrew V. Senior member

The only thing that I think is silly is when people have a television set in a room but try to hide it, like they want visitors to think "wow, they don't watch television, they just like to sit in furniture that's all facing an armoire."

Oh, and my parents never let me have a television set in my bedroom growing up, and I'll never forgive them for it.

3. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I don't think hiding it is silly. Electronics aren't particularly pretty to look at so having the option of hiding complicated equipment is refreshing. Pretending it isn't there would be lame. I'd fully intend on showing it off at some point.

4. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

The only thing that I think is silly is when people have a television set in a room but try to hide it, like they want visitors to think "wow, they don't watch television, they just like to sit in furniture that's all facing an armoire."

Oh, and my parents never let me have a television set in my bedroom growing up, and I'll never forgive them for it.

[​IMG] I hate those armoires.

5. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

I wish I lived in all of my rooms. Sometimes I can't figure out why we have them. I use about 3 rooms on a normal basis.

Cry me a river.

TV in media room. Which is also living/dining room and den. Mainly used for DVDs.

6. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Cry me a river.

TV in media room. Which is also living/dining room and den. Mainly used for DVDs.

My television is not connected to any channels so I can ONLY watch DVDs or VHS, in fact I haven't watched television for a few year (about 4) do I get some white people cred?

7. RJman

Do you watch Kaamelott?

[​IMG]

8. bowtielover

bowtielover Senior member

There is a TV in my living room as well as my family room, a small one in my kitchen, one in my room and my sons both have a TV in their rooms.

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Damn man, 6 tvs? Do you ever have time to do anything else?

10. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Do you watch Kaamelott?

[​IMG]

Haha, sometimes. This shit is hilarious, especially Merlin's cowardice (as you can correctly see from that statement I do watch tv series, just not while they're being broadcast).

11. A Y

A Y Senior member

TV in media room.

You have a media room? Is the TV elevated on styrofoam cups from B&O?

--Andre

12. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

--Andre

Recently, I had a construction crew come and lift my media room off of the foundation so that I could lay down some styrafoam cups and elevate the entire room. The difference is incredible.

13. A Y

A Y Senior member

Recently, I had a construction crew come and lift my media room off of the foundation so that I could lay down some styrafoam cups and elevate the entire room. The difference is incredible.

Some people claim that if the crew stands on foam cups when they're lifting your house, the difference is like day and night. Even your dog who is in another room can hear the difference.

--Andre

14. RJman

Are you mocking my stereo? I never said it was better than anyone else's. And they're not styrofoam cups. They're space age foam field insulators. I got them from my sanitation engineer.
    Some people claim that if the crew stands on foam cups when they're lifting your house, the difference is like day and night. Even your dog who is in another room can hear the difference.
    I hope your cups cost at least $30,000 a cup. I can hear the difference. It sounds like change falling out of a slot machine hitting the jackpot. I can smell the difference too. It smells like money burning.

You guys are all amateurs though. I have found some studies online about the enormous difference made by wearing a tinfoil listening hat. Mine cost only $5000 because I made it myself out of special audiofoil. This stuff is intense. It is shiny on one side and matte on the other for extra audiophile pretensioning.
    Haha, sometimes. This shit is hilarious, especially Merlin's cowardice (as you can correctly see from that statement I do watch tv series, just not while they're being broadcast).
    [​IMG]
    "Merlin! Enchanteur de Bretagne, grand vainqueur de la belette de Winchester! Concepteur de la potion contre les ongles incarnes, auteur du parchemin Le Druidisme explique aux personnes agees..."

15. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    ^Did you get the two-ply tinfoil? My audio guy said I need to upgrade. [​IMG]

16. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

What about Gossip Girl?

17. A Y

A Y Senior member

Are you mocking my stereo?

I mock whatever is within range of my meager wit or has an applicable LOLcat. Everything else is too hard.

--Andre

18. RJman

I mock whatever is within range of my meager wit or has an applicable LOLcat. Everything else is too hard.

--Andre

A kindred spirit. Have you seen my post about the new "Democat" Obama LOLcat phenomenon in CE?

19. A Y

A Y Senior member

20. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I don't think hiding it is silly. Electronics aren't particularly pretty to look at so having the option of hiding complicated equipment is refreshing. Pretending it isn't there would be lame. I'd fully intend on showing it off at some point.

That is clearly dependent upon your equipment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]