• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a 'signature-item'?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In summer, a Panama.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
It would have been a bomb or something. Crazy people who wanna do crazy things will find a way to do them.

Meh. Two counterpoints:

1. Homemade bombs rarely cause significant damage and often don't go off at all.
2. The amount of knowledge, time and trial and error needed to make a good bomb would require a lot more determination than grabbing a gun off the shelf. Think about it.

wannabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Maybe there's something I'm not getting here, but this is 2011. What's the point of carrying a pocket knife? Keeping one in your car, sure, maybe. But carrying one? Explain the daily use case to me.
NCIS: Agent Gibb's Rules: Rule #9: Never go anywhere without a knife. 1x13 'One Shot, One Kill' & 1x20 'Missing' Signature item definitely has to be my pocket square. A lot of people I run into don't know what it is
biggrin.gif

nich

Reaction score
I carried a pocket knife with me for the longest time. I stopped, though, when my last knife was confiscated at the airport when I failed to take it out of my pocket before going through the metal detector.

The reason I carried a knife was not protection or anything like that. As an eagle scout I just always had a good swiss army knife, because I actually used it a lot. After camping trips it just became habit.

As a side note, don't let your girlfriend just find out that you carry a knife. No matter how you word it she won't understand.

Barnabus

Reaction score
Scottish_Claymore_by_XJK.jpg

i carry a scottish broadsword with me its good for opening boxes and letters and matches the plaid sport coats i am so fond of

Lucifer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IronRock
You never know when your going to have to cut your own arm off.

Tried opening a memory-card plastic container lately? I have my skeletool with me 99% of the time. I work as a legal advisor.. and I think I use it pretty much daily.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
side note, don't let your girlfriend just find out that you carry a knife. No matter how you word it she won't understand.[/quote]

Rightly so...

During your next argument , she will be thinking of this knife in your pocket...

Lucifer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
side note, don't let your girlfriend just find out that you carry a knife. No matter how you word it she won't understand.
Rightly so... During your next argument , she will be thinking of this knife in your pocket...
If your significant other is capable of using a knife during an argument, regardless of gender, I would get out of that relationship. Believe it or not, but quite a few of us have HUGE amounts of knives in our kitchen ... Imagine having knives readily available almost all the time?! ...

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I'm in the working in kitchen and an argument starts, I typically put down the knife. Gesturing while wielding a 12" serrated knife simply doesn't appear civil.

Airfare

Reaction score
This thread would be much nicer if everyone can start posting pictures of what they are wearing....

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Barnabus
Scottish_Claymore_by_XJK.jpg
i carry a scottish broadsword with me its good for opening boxes and letters and matches the plaid sport coats i am so fond of

Nice! I imagine this also comes in handy if someone tries to steal the cab you just hailed etc.

latkaguy

Reaction score
I have a white and yellow gold ring with my initials in block letters. It was given to me by an aunt and uncle when I was in my teens, and I wear it every day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads