1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a cat?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RJman, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Jerome

Jerome Senior member

no but the two neighbours cats frquently come to visit and my gf took care of three cats from friends in the last half year so: yes, somehow.

2. greenleaflettuce

greenleaflettuce Well-Known Member

3. Milhouse

Milhouse Senior member

I don't have any pets. I had a houseplant but it died about 3 weeks after I got it.

4. lefty

lefty Senior member

The only way my wife could convince me to get a cat was if we found the "dog of the cat world."

We got an Abyssinian. Very cool cat.

Few weeks old:

[​IMG]

1 year:

[​IMG]

lefty

5. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

Abyssinians are really cool, as are cats in general. I will be getting one eventually, when I work out the logistics of it.

6. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

We have 3 terriers. They don't like cats. I'm not really crazy about them though I have owned them in the past. I much prefer dogs.

7. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It is possible that my cat does not sleep. Whenever I see her relaxing, possibly sleeping, I venture close and she notices my presence. I have never seen her eyes closed. It is also possible that she is just a very light sleeper, or is capable of sleeping with her eyes open.

8. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

[​IMG] As I said when I first posted this, the fireplace hob is 23" high. This is a monster cat. Last year some kids came to the door selling candy for their school. Max ran off so they didn't get a good look at him. One girl said, "What a nice coat your dog has."
    Wow, he's humongous. Where did you get him? How much does he weigh at that size!

9. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Just curious as to the cat-owning population of SF. I'll make this poll anonymous for the shyer among you. Mensimagecollector once hinted that the number of men who admitted to owning cats on this forum made it seem somehow less masculine. Hmph.

Every cat person I've ever met has been a little gay or really weird. You're both. [​IMG]

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Wow, he's humongous. Where did you get him? How much does he weigh at that size!

Got him from a woman that breeds a couple of litters a year on her females. He's really very trim under all that fur. In his current, prime of life, rangy state, he's 24 pounds now. If he hits middle aged spread, I expect 30+ without being really fat.

11. Jerome

Jerome Senior member

no but the two neighbours cats frquently come to visit and my gf took care of three cats from friends in the last half year so: yes, somehow.
    [​IMG]

One of them- this one likes to be stroked (the other one has a more difficult character- resembles myself a bit there, actually insofar as it's too self-reflective/ponderous at times, is the better hunter though, a real killer, the one depicted is more a "house"/indoors cat)...

12. Fulcannelli

Fulcannelli Senior member

here are my two, they are Satans' angels

[​IMG]

13. Jerome

Jerome Senior member

Those are very beautiful cats, fulcanelli...cool avatar there, btw- I'm very close to the Fool type, myself...

best regards, J. [​IMG]

14. Fulcannelli

Fulcannelli Senior member

thank you, they can be a real nightmare, will probably get a tabby next time (when these two are fat enough to eat) as i think all the inbreeding leaves them a bit wild but it doesnt maater.

Haven't seen old flashheart for a long while. "hiya bridesmaid love the beard, gives me something to hang on to"...lol

15. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
  16. Syl

Syl Senior member

<--

Bane of my existance...but the wife loves him.

17. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

My guy, Gaborik:

[​IMG]

Named after Marian?

18. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Yeah. He was named when I got him. His tail was broken as a kitten and has a hockey stick looking hook in the end. Aptly named, I guess.

19. Hazad

Hazad Senior member

A very sociable black cat. Like others have said, I previously hated cats having never met a friendly one, but mine has certainly changed my opinion. I guess it has more to do with the person raising the cat, /shrug.

20. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member