1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a cat?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RJman, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Etienne

Etienne Senior member

I first need some Blofeld-like jacket, preferably a Forestière by Arny's. Then, and only then, will I feel entitled to owning a cat.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

What is the attraction of a pet who looks down on you? I want my animals to understand that they are inferior to me.

This seems to make your choices of pets rather sharply limited. [​IMG]

3. batorizer

batorizer Senior member

My childhood cat, skippy, was just put down at the old age of about 23. Have another cat, hatty, that I got in my teens, but lives with my mom; I guess she's her cat now. Anyway, hatty had always been nice but very independant. Earlier this year she just lost her balance, something called idiopathic vestibular something or other. Now she walks around with her head tilted to the side, won't jump up on high things, and is very needy and quite vocal.

4. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

I'm sorely disappointed by the lack of an 'Anne Hathaway's Pussy' option.

5. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

I think cats are actually much manlier creatures than dogs. Think about it: independent, self-sufficient loners who want to do things their way and like to be in control of their environment as much as possible. Their social ties are less deep, though the few bonds they do form tend to be very strong.

Dogs: constantly social, they need attention and time alone just makes them sort of depressed. They need frequent reassurance, they have large circles of friends, and they generally play better with others.

Think of it this way: assuming they were both able to use and communicate with it, do you think your dog or your cat would spend more time on the phone?

6. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

This seems to make your choices of pets rather sharply limited. [​IMG]

You have pwned me enough lately. I cannot take any more pwnings. If you have any merciful bones in your body, please, stop!

7. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have a civet cat, but he is less of a pet and more of a coffee machine.

8. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

We have 2 cats and a dog.

I have 1 inside cat and about 7 outside.

The outside cats aren't mine. They belong to the block. They are a real trip. They go where they think the service is best. I was giving them IAMS and they came around often. Then some bastard started giving them Sheba or some other gourmet wet food, and they went there. And now some SOB is giving them Tenptations, which is like cat opium! The competition is brutal.

Rnoldh - if you want to step up the competition and get the cats back, give them Wellness brand wet cat food http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/. In taste and nutritional value, it puts all of the grocery store wet foods to shame.

9. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I love me some pussy.

10. edmorel

I love me some pussy.

and a cat is the only way for you to claim that you get some.

11. Gherkins

Gherkins Senior member

I positively hate cats. The only reasons why I don't shoot them on sight are that I don't own a gun and that I have this weak spot in me saying that every creature has the right to live. At least as long as it isn't destined to be eaten by me. And as I can't stand cats i don't like the idea to eat them.

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

You have pwned me enough lately. I cannot take any more pwnings. If you have any merciful bones in your body, please, stop!

I couldn't resist the cheap shot and felt remorseful immediately afterwards, if that gives you any comfort.

13. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I couldn't resist the cheap shot and felt remorseful immediately afterwards, if that gives you any comfort.

It doesn't, because I know all too well how you feel. [​IMG]

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

It doesn't, because I know all too well how you feel. [​IMG]

Ouch. I have no more pwnings in me now.

15. redcaimen

redcaimen Senior member

I love me some pussy.

You know way too much about musical theatre for this to be plausible.

And now for something completely gay. A Vietnam memorial type tribute to all the cats I have known since I was 5.

Linda
    Yoshio
    Sally Puff
    Mickey
    Smokey Joe
    Red
    Cinders

Now all dead. My next cat, if there will be one, will be one of those animals they keep at old folks homes to take the near deads minds off their incontinence and mental deterioration.

16. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

You know way too much about musical theatre for this to be plausible.

No, he really is talking about cats. That other kind is yucky.

17. kronik

kronik Senior member

My girlfriend had cats - they're mine now as well. We have a dog too.

18. edmorel

My next cat, if there will be one, will be one of those animals they keep at old folks homes to take the near deads minds off their incontinence and mental deterioration.

A women that works here, she's in her late 70's/early 80's, been here 40+ years, anyway she comes up to talk to you and due to our seating arrangement here, when she is talking to me her ass is in the face of the guy next to me and vice versa. She has no sphincter control. None. She stands there talking to you and the other guy is getting blasted. She is at a point where she really does not care (she lets loose in the elevator, walking down the hall) and I think that is badass.

19. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

A women that works here, she's in her late 70's/early 80's, been here 40+ years, anyway she comes up to talk to you and due to our seating arrangement here, when she is talking to me her ass is in the face of the guy next to me and vice versa. She has no sphincter control. None. She stands there talking to you and the other guy is getting blasted. She is at a point where she really does not care (she lets loose in the elevator, walking down the hall) and I think that is badass.
    Literally.

20. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

I have a civet cat, but he is less of a pet and more of a coffee machine.

$$$