• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a cat?

Garage/Surf Rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I was just shooting in the dark...and scored
smile.gif
If you're going to come on a board and post that people that like cats have femine characteristics, do you really think you're not going to have to deal with some return comments?

I was originally responding to the guy who said dogs have womanly characteristics. Then you came with your clowning and Karl Rove debating style, i.e. just making **** up about the person you are debating and insistently repeating these fabrications in the hopes that repetition will give your arguments authority or truth. "you have no charisma, calm down. you have no charisma, calm down, you have no charisma, calm down."

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
I was originally responding to the guy who said dogs have womanly characteristics. Then you came with your clowning and Karl Rove debating style, i.e. just making **** up about the person you are debating and insistently repeating these fabrications in the hopes that repetition will give your arguments authority or truth.

"you have no charisma, calm down. you have no charisma, calm down, you have no charisma, calm down."

Insistently repeat?
laugh.gif

I made one post saying my wife's cats do not act how you said cats act. I made one post saying animals react to charisma. Sadly, nothing was repeated, let alone insistently. Except of course...by you.

And if you think I was "debating" you?
crackup[1].gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
so you were just trolling or trying to be funny? why? don't you have anything better to do? you're acting as if I insulted cat owners and cats but I never did.

It's grown boring. Teh RJ is right.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
Our oldest cat is named Squeaker. Sometimes my wife calls him Squeaky Boy.

They should meet. Squeaky is a lady. I don't think she wants a family ( she's fixed after all ) but she still enjoys a Tomcat now and then.
laugh.gif

lolala

Reaction score
We have one. A black one and his name is Don Corleone
laugh.gif

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meeko & Pumpkin getting friendly...

Meeko just decided to join Pumpkin in her roosting spot at the top of the cat tree. Normally Meeko has the bottom spot and Pumpkin takes the top spot. The weather actually took a turn for the cold recently and I'm guessing that Meeko wanted a warm body to snuggle up against
smile.gif

IMG00242-20091119-2136.jpg

spudnik99

Reaction score
Yes, two strays, arrived as kittens, mellow Siamese mix and hyper-aggresive alpha female calico (frightens beagles and other small dogs).

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never had one, but one of my housemates has an indoor cat. I don't mind him for the most part, but it can be a pain having to watch the door anytime you walk in our out in case he's plotting to make an escape. Also, when he decides to wander into my room that's ok, sometimes I'll even let him get comfortable on my rug or bed, but once he starts stretching his claws I'm throwing him out and closing the door.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mao.jpg

She's supposed to be a persian. But her fur seems to be stuck at this length. Whats up with that. Should I be rubbing her w/ some Rogaine?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to hate cats, but I bonded an old girlfriend's orange tabby and have been a cat person ever since then. I can relate to cats, actually. They're clean and independent. They always seem to know their place in the world and approach their relationships honestly and without shame or apology. They are quiet, thoughtful, and cagey, but quick to action when action is necessary. I admire all of those traits, both in people and animals. The blind obedience and constant emotional and physical neediness of dogs kind of turns me off.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
"He hissed at me yesterday. I tried to explain to him but he doesn't understand concepts such as international travel and work. He certainly doesn't understand the concept of a bikini. I am getting him a pet passport which means he can travel around as much as he likes. Unfortunately, they don't do photos. I was really looking forward to that." — Russell Brand on his cat, Morrissey.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think cats may be evidence of intelligent design, especially their purr. They're already so cute and perfect, the purr is like a bonus feature (or lagniappe) that the creator put in. And scientists still don't understand how purring works.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I think cats may be evidence of intelligent design, especially their purr. They're already so cute and perfect, the purr is like a bonus feature (or lagniappe) that the creator put in. And scientists still don't understand how purring works.

Cats are nature's teddy bears.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
And scientists still don't understand how purring works.

See.
They sucked you in with the purring. My cats are masters at this.

I didn't understand the purring either. A few weeks ago one of the RubeBabes was home from college and she helped me record Gaborik purring. Then she played it back using some program on her Macintosh.

You wouldn't believe me if I told you what the sound really is. I was surprised, and just a little bit disappointed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads