• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a cat?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Moo is in the ailurophobe camp. I knew it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
charisma?

Yes. Animals, just like people, are swayed by a projection of personal power. I think we've hit on the problem here.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Moo is in the ailurophobe camp. I knew it.

The only thing (plant, food, animal, etc.) I am allergic to. However, I love my friend's cat who acts like a dog. I actually bear the snot and coughing to play with it a while.

Fluery

Reaction score
No but I'd sort of like to. Thing is I'm allergic to most types, and I'm not sure I'd be able to care for it well as I'm away from home for nearly 12 hours a day.

Garage/Surf Rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Yes. Animals, just like people, are swayed by a projection of personal power. I think we've hit on the problem here.

I thought cats were cool and independent, not swayed by things like that?

I am not a cat hater, just indifferent about them. I've been around lots of cats in my life, petted them, whatever, they're not as interesting as dogs. you're offended that I don't like cats, and you're having to characterize cats with traits that more often pertain to dogs - sociability, friendliness, etc. - in order to argue what you assume to be my lack of charisma when in fact it's my lack of interest in cats. I could assume all kinds of character flaws in you because of your love of cats but I don't, because I would have no evidence for that. I've never met you.

Garage/Surf Rock

Reaction score
I did say that cat lovers display a feminine nature. it was just an observation, not an attack. if you think of being feminine as a bad thing, I can see why you're offended, and in denial.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I did say that cat lovers display a feminine nature. it was just an observation, not an attack. if you think of being feminine as a bad thing, I can see why you're offended, and in denial.

I find that owning cats gets me lots more *****.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seems to me like dog owners display more feminine characteristics. You have to bath the thing (feminine), you have to pick up its **** (feminine - kind of like changing a diaper), you have to give it constant attention (feminine). You're basically the thing's mommy.

Garage/Surf Rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Seems to me like dog owners display more feminine characteristics. You have to bath the thing (feminine), you have to pick up its **** (feminine - kind of like changing a diaper), you have to give it constant attention (feminine). You're basically the thing's mommy.
Are you "rationalizing"? Cat **** magically disappears? Cats don't shed, a lot? Cats don't get fleas or need shots or check ups or to be fed? Wow, maybe I do like cats.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I thought cats were cool and independent, not swayed by things like that?

I am not a cat hater, just indifferent about them. I've been around lots of cats in my life, petted them, whatever, they're not as interesting as dogs. you're offended that I don't like cats, and you're having to characterize cats with traits that more often pertain to dogs - sociability, friendliness, etc. - in order to argue what you assume to be my lack of charisma when in fact it's my lack of interest in cats. I could assume all kinds of character flaws in you because of your love of cats but I don't, because I would have no evidence for that. I've never met you.

Are you "rationalizing"? Cat **** magically disappears? Cats don't shed, a lot? Cats don't get fleas or need shots or check ups or to be fed? Wow, maybe I do like cats.

Not offended in the least. I found your post humourous, and you seemed like someone I could easily rile up with an equally lame assertion as the one you put forth.

I was right.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a cat, I love em. A cat is like half monkey half dog, and all badass.

Garage/Surf Rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Not offended in the least. I found your post humourous, and you seemed like someone I could easily rile up with an equally lame assertion as the one you put forth. I was right.
all these things you know about me, my level of charisma and emotions, are truly amazing. you must be clairvoyant. what color is my wife's hair? anyway, why do you feel the need to address the responses I'm making to others' posts. are their posts so representative of your views that you feel the need to psychically evaluate my character and feelings?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
all these things you know about me, my level of charisma and emotions, are truly amazing. you must be clairvoyant. what color is my wife's hair? anyway, why do you feel the need to address the responses I'm making to others' posts. are their posts so representative of your views that you feel the need to psychically evaluate my character and feelings?

I was just shooting in the dark...and scored
smile.gif

If you're going to come on a board and post that people that like cats have femine characteristics, do you really think you're not going to have to deal with some return comments?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Pio, you're being cat-trolled. This threak attracts them.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Pio, you're being cat-trolled. This threak attracts them.

That's why I trolled back. Seems I caught me one!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads