• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a cat?

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine liked melted ice cream, I made sure I left 2 table sponeful for her every time I had ice cream.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Actually, many cats enjoy canteloupe for some reason (from anecdotal experience). Cats cannot taste sweet things however.
funny-cat-melon-head_dqr.jpg

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Mine liked melted ice cream, I made sure I left 2 table sponeful for her every time I had ice cream.

My mom's parrot decided it was his favorite food and asks for it constantly. Little monster.

Garage/Surf Rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I think cats are actually much manlier creatures than dogs. Think about it: independent, self-sufficient loners who want to do things their way and like to be in control of their environment as much as possible. Their social ties are less deep, though the few bonds they do form tend to be very strong. Dogs: constantly social, they need attention and time alone just makes them sort of depressed. They need frequent reassurance, they have large circles of friends, and they generally play better with others. Think of it this way: assuming they were both able to use and communicate with it, do you think your dog or your cat would spend more time on the phone?
dogs are considered masculine not because they act like human men, but for their being good companions to men. cats are not. you're just anthropomorphizing. real men don't expect their dogs to understand them and don't treat them like they are human babies or dog versions of James Dean. it's a human-animal symbiosis that can't be found with cats. how do people interact with cats? the cat ignores or abuses them and they develop stronger feelings for the cat. that is feminine behavior on the part of the human. with dogs, there's a gregarious and active kind of socializing that makes the owner behave in a masculine way - proud, confident, and physical. Do I have a cat? Hell no, never will.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Prophet liked cats and so do I.

Here's Squeaky getting older like me:

VariousWed11-4-12.jpg

VariousWed11-4-09pics009.jpg

She's the last of my inside cats. Our block loves cats, and they are spoiled ( with many outside cats that belong to "the block" ). Some people get the outside cats fixed, and there is competition over who can feed them best. I've said this before in this thread. But if you try to give them something healthy like Science Diet, someone else one ups you and turns them to Fancy Feast. The cats sleep and enjoy it. Would be a great New Yorker cartoon.

dunkin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Actually, many cats enjoy canteloupe for some reason (from anecdotal experience). Cats cannot taste sweet things however.

my in laws cat loves cantaloupe...didnt know it was a cat thing.....guess he's not that special.......

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
dogs are considered masculine not because they act like human men, but for their being good companions to men. cats are not. you're just anthropomorphizing. real men don't expect their dogs to understand them and don't treat them like they are human babies or dog versions of James Dean. it's a human-animal symbiosis that can't be found with cats. how do people interact with cats? the cat ignores or abuses them and they develop stronger feelings for the cat. that is feminine behavior on the part of the human. with dogs, there's a gregarious and active kind of socializing that makes the owner behave in a masculine way - proud, confident, and physical.

Do I have a cat? Hell no, never will.

This sounds like rationalizing.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I get a rottie, I'm going to feed him kittens as reward for good behaviour.
stirpot.gif

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Here's Squeaky getting older like me

Our oldest cat is named Squeaker. Sometimes my wife calls him Squeaky Boy.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
When I get a rottie, I'm going to feed him kittens as reward for good behaviour.
stirpot.gif

What are you going to feed him when he steals your girlfriend?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
dogs are considered masculine not because they act like human men, but for their being good companions to men. cats are not. you're just anthropomorphizing. real men don't expect their dogs to understand them and don't treat them like they are human babies or dog versions of James Dean. it's a human-animal symbiosis that can't be found with cats. how do people interact with cats? the cat ignores or abuses them and they develop stronger feelings for the cat. that is feminine behavior on the part of the human. with dogs, there's a gregarious and active kind of socializing that makes the owner behave in a masculine way - proud, confident, and physical.

Do I have a cat? Hell no, never will.

Why do cats hate you? If you call leaning against my legs and purring, or laying down next to me when I'm sitting on the couch and purring abuse or beign ignored, then yeah, my wife's cats abuse and ignore me constantly.

I think you just lack the charisma for a cat to find you worth noticing. Just saying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics