• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you guys use carabiners for keys?

BuffaloWang

Reaction score
Do you guys use carabiners for keys? I know they give a utilitarian/janitor look, but I see a lot of people using them nowadays.
Or do you guys just put your keys in your pockets?

Also cell phones? Apparently having your cell near your genital areas is bad. What other alternatives than front pockets?

Last edited:

transient

Reaction score
I use them, but I also climb :D It isn't high fashion or anything of course. I'd also wager that since most people here wear tight pants they don't put them in their pocket.

I attach it to the belt loop that's just ahead of the back pocket then let the keys hang within the pocket so they don't dangle.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use one for my house key and swipe card for work. It stays in my pocket though.

BuffaloWang

Reaction score
So carabiner and then into your pocket?
What about cell phones? I heard that having your phone near your genital areas is bad. What other choices do I have?

Also, we are mostly talking about jeans.

I used a carabiner for a while, it can be very convenient e.g. if you bike. However, these are better if you like the idea of carabiners but are open to similar things:

http://everyday-carry.com/post/1716667950/that-damn-keyhook-that-everyone-asks-about-via?d2769f60

So apparently they're $22. That's a lot for a carabiner. Would rather just use a $1-2 one.

Last edited:

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you guys use carabiners for keys? I know they give a utilitarian/janitor look, but I see a lot of people using them nowadays.
Or do you guys just put your keys in your pockets?
Also cell phones? Apparently having your cell near your genital areas is bad. What other alternatives than front pockets?

I use a real climbing biner, because it's big enough to let my keys drop halfway into my backpocket and I'm still able to sit without discomfort. You don't want your keys dangling around making janitor noises. Too bad your budget is that limited, cuz your missing out

LooknGr8

Reaction score
I do, but it's not a caribeaner, it's one of these #PR-6857
http://www.umei.com/cat/purse-handbag-rings-ct1-14.htm

Used actual caribeaners but all the ones I tried were too big or too small or floppy or had a "corner" and this rounded one was least annoying. Can also hook it inside briefcase/roller bag and not lose track of keys when traveling/going through TSA, etc

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have 2 keys, a house key and a car key. They're attached to a keyring and a key chain. I have no problem putting them in my pocket. My cell phones on the other hand are kept in a bag or "man clutch" that I bought from epauletshop.com

If I wear a coat with breast pockets, I would put them in there. If not, I rock the man clutch.

BuffaloWang

Reaction score

I use a real climbing biner, because it's big enough to let my keys drop halfway into my backpocket and I'm still able to sit without discomfort. You don't want your keys dangling around making janitor noises. Too bad your budget is that limited, cuz your missing out

Is this also from http://www.ebay.com/sch/x-kaijin-x/m.html?_ipg=&_from=&_nkw=&_armrs=1&_sop=15 ?
The one that sells the fishhooks?

Not sure how much I should be spending for a keychain.

I use a longish bolt snap. Looks ever-so-slightly more refined in my eye, than a carabiner. And a bit easier to find.
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...053&langId=-1&keyword=bolt+snap&storeId=10051

Guess this is better than a carabiner. Might head to home depot then.
Any other suggestions?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I use a hamburger for my keys

549011_10150620075576946_570181945_9529888_969290147_n.jpg

BuffaloWang

Reaction score
^^ LOL.
Or maybe a paracord keychain?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads