• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do you guys still listen to the radio?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In the office I listen to ChoiceRadio (Classical) via the internet and I listen to NPR when I'm in the car.

c3cubed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
In the office I listen to ChoiceRadio (Classical) via the internet and I listen to NPR when I'm in the car.
In Ontario Canada, during the daytime and driving if no CD playing: there's Classical 96.3, along with 3 subchannels of commercial free CBC including those of French Radio Canada and All-Jazz Radio CJRT 91.1 [all these bandwidths are broadcast live on the internet too, I believe]
Dozens of comparable commercial-free niche stations on Bell Satellite Galaxie as well.
XM Satellite OK too, in the car. Sometimes in the wee A.M. hours, I slip over to AM radio and listen to "Coast to coast" with George Noory. Way too many intrusive commercials on this broadcast though. Such a shame with the more bizarre guests.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KCRW preset 1 on my car. KUSC preset #2

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

Originally Posted by Get Smart
I still listen to talk radio...usually Adam Corolla for a bit, then switch to Howard Stern on Sirius then back to the free radio for a couple afternoon shows, then back to Sirius for some tunes
I like a lot of the sports talk - we had 3 1/2 sports talk channels back in Tampa Bay, but only one up here in Tallahassee. They unfortunately carry Dan Sileo in the morning, but then it's Rome and the local guy is actually the best local guy I've ever heard. He's great. Not that anyone cares
laugh.gif
But I hate Dan Sileo with the radiance of a thousands suns.
Originally Posted by Crooow
Heh, every once in awhile I would try to listen to him for a few minutes (usually the morning after a Bucs win), but I just couldn't take it. Absolutely horrible.
He sounds exactly like what he is - an unintelligent, ex-mediocre jock. His speech sounds like a mongoloid fourth-grader trying to impersonate William Shatner. He's breathtakingly ignorant. He seems to do absolutely no research at all for his show. His arguments are so stupid and full of holes. When he's flailing due to ignorance or a caller destroying his argument, he either hangs up or suddenly decides that something's racist. "You want to talk about the effectiveness of the two-gap defense? What's that? Er...I mean, it's racist. Don't deny it, it is. So, about Barry Bonds....".
So glad this asshole got fired again. Maybe this will be the last time.

dianjinluntan

Reaction score
that right,I would try to listen to him for a few minutes (usually the morning after a Bucs win), but I just couldn't take it. Absolutely horrible.thanks
O2cpgJ

Last edited:

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I listen to the radio at work. Either WBGO (a NYC-based jazz station), the local classical station, or the local NPR affiliate. Usually NPR in the car.

*insert Douglas poast here*

womanpiaola

Reaction score
great.I live in a college town so I listen to college radio and there's also a local bluegrass/gospel station that's pretty it,thanks
13.gif

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SomaFM.com. The secret agent channel is very good.

OliverGauffe

Reaction score
Driving in a city, I listen to NPR. In Chicago, WXRT or The Drive for some nostalgia...In Austin, TX, KGSR (Texas music mostly) and WKUT (campus radio). But during the day at work, looking for some good line radio stations (free)...been digging on this one lately for the mornings: http://www.ledjamradio.com/

dotachajian

Reaction score
good,then switch to Howard Stern on Sirius then back to the free radio for a couple afternoon shows, then back to Sirius for some tunes,thanks
CHEEFv

Last edited:

JPalmer

Reaction score
I used to listen to the radio when I first woke up because my computer isn't in my bedroom. I had to stop though because I moved and for some reason I can't get it to work without static everywhere. I just gave up and used the buzzer. I used to listen to an adult alternative station (Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, etc) though!

OliverGauffe

Reaction score
Radio in the morning used to be the only way I could face the day. Now I don't have a radio in my apartment, so I only have internet radio. Really miss morning shows and of course music...nothing like music in the morning to set the tone for the day... Looking for good internet radio suggestions... Will try somafm.com, thanks Harvey.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics