1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

do you guys still listen to the radio?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Coho, Jan 11, 2008.

1. clubbyjones

clubbyjones Senior member

Sirius 35: Chill.

Pretty much listen to that when I'm in the car. Otherwise, I'll catch bits of Limbaugh if its between 11-2.

2. athletics

athletics Senior member

I still listen to talk radio...usually Adam Corolla for a bit, then switch to Howard Stern on Sirius then back to the free radio for a couple afternoon shows, then back to Sirius for some tunes

I don't listen to much radio, but I do download the Adam Carolla show everyday via podcast. You can't beat the Ace Man, I've been listening to him since back in the day and we both have the same disorder where we notice everything, hyper vigilance he calls it.

3. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

I only listen to radio while driving. And only listen to WNYC (NPR NYC affiliate) WQXR (classical station owned by NYTimes).

4. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

I don't listen to much radio, but I do download the Adam Carolla show everyday via podcast. You can't beat the Ace Man, I've been listening to him since back in the day and we both have the same disorder where we notice everything, hyper vigilance he calls it.

To each his own. I rather passionately hate Adam Carolla, if only for his Loveline work. Everytime Drew would be about to answer a really interesting or thought provoking question, the following would usually occur:

(suspiciously familiar) Caller - "is it unusual to have an extreme obsession with pics of underage Japanese schoolgirls?"
    Drew - "well, in some soci-"
    Adam - "HEY! I JACKED OFF FOUR TIMES TODAY. HAAHAHA! No really, I did!!!"

I wanted to hurt him. He was like the little kid that always interrupted the grown-ups talking.

Man Show was pretty good though.

5. 65535

65535 Senior member

XM Satellite Radio in the car
    Internet radio or MP3s at home.

As far as regular radio, it's unlistenable here, other than the government-funded, commercial free stations.

Commercial radio:
    Cutesy dumb jock with fake radio voice
    Wannabe edgy radio jock with fake voice
    Dumb sound effects (wacky horn, star wars lazers, distortion plugin from cool edit for deep voice guy, etc)
    commercials that make me want to engage in a rape/murder/rape again spree

Hole - typically on a morning zoo type program, there are two guys who will try to be dirty (as dirty as the FCC will allow anyway, i guess that means they can say bitch a couple of times an hour, and talk about poo). The 'hole' is a woman introduced to reign in the wackiness (cue wacky horn). Usually by saiyng, OH MY GAAAAWWWD you guys, stop it, LOL! Referred to as a hole because just like black holes absorb and obliterate photons, so too does the radio hole absorb and obliterate lulz.

anyway

XM, Sirius are the only real options for the car.

6. The Deacon

The Deacon Senior member

I listen to Imus and WEEI Sports Radio (#1 in US for sports radio w/ Glenn Ordway:The Big Show w/ The Big O!)

I was curious to see if Imus would bring back Bernie -Bernard McGuirk and I see/hear he did. Despite his wickedly humorous Cardinal O'Connor shtick, he (and Rush) was one of the few people I'd have paid cash to have engaged martially. I guess Bernie has to behave now relative to the Black jokes considering that two members of the team are African American. Oh how one's world can change![​IMG]

7. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

I listen to Radio Nova (my favorite French radio station) on my Sonos system
    Funny, my favourite local station here is called Radio Nova as well - it's the student radio, and known as the breeding ground for media talent. Also good for music, and they have brilliant film critics. In the car: Public news channel, classical channel, sometimes the "culture" channel. I prefer radio to CDs while driving, mostly because of the traffic updates. Commercial radio generally sucks, I find. At home: Classical channel, occasionally.

8. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

NPR pretty much exclusively.

i use the local country station to wake me up in the mornings though.

-Jeff

9. blackgrass

blackgrass Senior member

I'm playing on NPR tomorrow!

10. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

I listen to the radio almost exclusively. I like that I can't control what I'm about to hear; expand exposure to new experiences, and all that. I listen to KCRW / NPR or indie 103.1. I also enjoy Adam Carolla's show, but it's hit or miss for me.

11. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

In the office I listen to ChoiceRadio (Classical) via the internet and I listen to NPR when I'm in the car.

12. c3cubed

c3cubed Senior member

In the office I listen to ChoiceRadio (Classical) via the internet and I listen to NPR when I'm in the car.
    In Ontario Canada, during the daytime and driving if no CD playing: there's Classical 96.3, along with 3 subchannels of commercial free CBC including those of French Radio Canada and All-Jazz Radio CJRT 91.1 [all these bandwidths are broadcast live on the internet too, I believe]
    Dozens of comparable commercial-free niche stations on Bell Satellite Galaxie as well.
    XM Satellite OK too, in the car. Sometimes in the wee A.M. hours, I slip over to AM radio and listen to "Coast to coast" with George Noory. Way too many intrusive commercials on this broadcast though. Such a shame with the more bizarre guests.

13. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

KCRW preset 1 on my car. KUSC preset #2

14. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

So glad this asshole got fired again. Maybe this will be the last time.

15. dianjinluntan

dianjinluntan New Member

that right,I would try to listen to him for a few minutes (usually the morning after a Bucs win), but I just couldn't take it. Absolutely horrible.thanks
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  16. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I listen to the radio at work. Either WBGO (a NYC-based jazz station), the local classical station, or the local NPR affiliate. Usually NPR in the car.

*insert Douglas poast here*

17. womanpiaola

womanpiaola New Member

great.I live in a college town so I listen to college radio and there's also a local bluegrass/gospel station that's pretty it,thanks
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  18. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

SomaFM.com. The secret agent channel is very good.

19. OliverGauffe

OliverGauffe Senior member

Driving in a city, I listen to NPR. In Chicago, WXRT or The Drive for some nostalgia...In Austin, TX, KGSR (Texas music mostly) and WKUT (campus radio). But during the day at work, looking for some good line radio stations (free)...been digging on this one lately for the mornings: http://www.ledjamradio.com/

20. Bentley

Bentley Senior member

I love Jim Rome!