do you guys still listen to the radio?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Coho, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Coho

Coho Senior member

If so, what station interests you? I just started listening in and I must admit that with the exception of commercials the radio still gives me some nostalgic joy. [​IMG]

2. Crooow

Crooow Senior member

Before I got my subscription to Sirius, I never listened to the radio. It was always either a CD or my Zune (with maybe the occasional listen to talk-radio on long trips).

Now, though, I usually listen to Sirius throughout the day; Chill or Jazz stations if I'm trying to concentrate on my work, 90's Alternative or Alt Nation for the rest of the time.

3. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Usually my iPod, but if I'm using the radio I'll usually tune into a jazz station or something like that. I also listen to NPR once in a while on occasion during my work commute.

JB

4. redgrail

redgrail Senior member

I only listen to the radio if it's actual radio programming, and not just spinning tunes with some loudmouth idiot named Krazy Kurt who has a hard on for his sound effects box. This American Life = [​IMG]

5. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

NBC Red.

6. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

Like NPR - Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, Car Talk.

I live in a college town so I listen to college radio and there's also a local bluegrass/gospel station that's pretty badass.

7. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I usually listen to my iPod or talk radio... or talk radio on my iPod.

8. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

9. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

I haven't listened to the radio in 5 years.

10. romafan

romafan Senior member

Non-commercial, listener-supported, WFMU. And you can listen on the internets!

http://www.wfmu.org/ [​IMG]

11. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I still listen to talk radio...usually Adam Corolla for a bit, then switch to Howard Stern on Sirius then back to the free radio for a couple afternoon shows, then back to Sirius for some tunes

12. FLMountainMan

I still listen to talk radio...usually Adam Corolla for a bit, then switch to Howard Stern on Sirius then back to the free radio for a couple afternoon shows, then back to Sirius for some tunes

I like a lot of the sports talk - we had 3 1/2 sports talk channels back in Tampa Bay, but only one up here in Tallahassee. They unfortunately carry Dan Sileo in the morning, but then it's Rome and the local guy is actually the best local guy I've ever heard. He's great.

Not that anyone cares [​IMG]

But I hate Dan Sileo with the radiance of a thousands suns.

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I like a lot of the sports talk - we had 3 1/2 sports talk channels back in Tampa Bay, but only one up here in Tallahassee. They unfortunately carry Dan Sileo in the morning, but then it's Rome and the local guy is actually the best local guy I've ever heard. He's great.

Not that anyone cares [​IMG]

Ugh Jim Rome. [​IMG]

14. Crooow

Crooow Senior member

Heh, every once in awhile I would try to listen to him for a few minutes (usually the morning after a Bucs win), but I just couldn't take it. Absolutely horrible.

15. FLMountainMan

Heh, every once in awhile I would try to listen to him for a few minutes (usually the morning after a Bucs win), but I just couldn't take it. Absolutely horrible.

He sounds exactly like what he is - an unintelligent, ex-mediocre jock. His speech sounds like a mongoloid fourth-grader trying to impersonate William Shatner. He's breathtakingly ignorant. He seems to do absolutely no research at all for his show. His arguments are so stupid and full of holes. When he's flailing due to ignorance or a caller destroying his argument, he either hangs up or suddenly decides that something's racist. "You want to talk about the effectiveness of the two-gap defense? What's that? Er...I mean, it's racist. Don't deny it, it is. So, about Barry Bonds...."

I love Rome. Especially when he subtly pokes fun at himself. He's pretty funny sometimes. I realize he's an acquired taste.