• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you guys spray those dirt repellent on to your sneakers?

lsquare

Reaction score
Since white sneakers get dirty very easily, do you guys use those sprays? If so, are you guys afraid of the spray not drying and potentially getting into your hands? The spray is poisonous.

terminat

Reaction score
Since white sneakers get dirty very easily, do you guys use those sprays?
White sneakers do indeed get dirty very quickly - I have a pair of brilliant white Lacostes which I thought would never stay clean.

However, I would never use any kind of dirt repellent myself - after all, trainers are supposed to get muddy, almost (unlike the rest of your clothes, having a bit of dirt on your trainers is seen as almost a good thing.) And you'll be surprised by actually how hard it is to get mud to stick onto the trainers - the only time I've ever had to wash them was when I went through a muddy field, and even then it wasn't that bad. In fact, speaking of washing, if you get your white trainers a bit dirty one day just stick them in the washing machine and they should always come out sparkling like new
smile.gif

StevenRocks

Reaction score
I never use protectant, but I do use the sneaker cleaner they sell at the store after every few wears. They won't stay priostine, but unless you're rocking Air Force Ones, that's not the point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads