• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you guys have brands that you always stick to or favour? I feel like as I become older I want to stick to brands rather than explore

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Among others: Church’s, JM Weston, Gitman Vintage, John Smedley, Sunspel, Fred Perry, LVC, Baracuta, and before they disappeared French brands Arnys and Old England.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find I keep going back to brands for specific items but not for others.

nubirth

Reaction score
Brand? It took me a while to nail down the style I like. I started with 'trad', moved to early 1900s vintage, and have settled down with classic American (1940s, 1950s), and modern interpretations of that look. Luxire for pants, Lands End for oxford shirts, Sunspel polos, Allen Edmonds, Rancourt and Meermin Shoes, Ebay fills out the wardrobe.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the last 8 years I’ve purchased and worn only Kamakura shirts. It’s probably the only category of clothing for which I favor only one brand.

Otherwise, I have preferences for other things, but nothing exclusive of any other brand.

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score
For me, I have bought multiples of the following in the last few years. These brands work well for me in terms of price/quality/fit.

I would say fit comes first. If something fits me well and there is decent quality and reasonable price, i will usually go back repeatedly to get additional colors, etc

Proper Cloth Oxford shirts (base level and Pima cottton versions)

3sixteen chinos

Orslow jeans and chinos

Quoddy moccasins

O’Connell’s Shetland sweaters

Spier and Mackay sport coats

Carl England

Reaction score
I mean when I was young I used to buy shirts every month and discover new brands out there. Now I just want to go with a few selected brands. For me if I want to spend money on sneakers I always go in for golden goose. I love Brunello Cucinelli but can't afford to make it the only brand I shop from so I have started buying shirts from Eton and am planning to stick to that. Apart from that my go to running shoe brand is Brooks, uni pens, Lacoste polos for sports. I'm deciding on a signature scent though. Would love to hear what brands you guys favour and are somewhat attached to.
Also, I love to shop from Aspesi and Boglioli as well.
Fragrance: Visit stores, try them all using samplers, it is a personal thing, get the ones most liked, regardless of expense.

hysteria

Reaction score
The Covent Garden store in my go to location.

I have seen that store listed on their website. Like a lot of people I have now gone online. My latest order arrives tomorrow.

When I visited walker slater today, they said all their sportcoats and suits are fused. This is the only RTW I've ever come across where I get a diff answer regarding their canvas depending on who I ask. The answers are so inconsistent...it's kind of emabarassing. I do find it kind of ridiculous to have fused jackets these prices, so either they're well-priced half-canvas jackets, or overpriced fused jackets. The store clerk today said "they're all fused". In the past when I emailed them, I got both"fused" and "half-canvas" for the exact same item.

does anyone actually know for certain?

CottonTownBoy

Reaction score
As get older you find brands that work for you, stay with you and don't let you down.
My current favourites:
Shaving creams: Taylor of Old Bond Street
Fragrance: Penhaligon's
Shirts & Ties: Turnbull & Asser
Knitwear: John Smedley
Jackets & Trousers: DAKS & Spencers Trousers
Outerwear: Aquascutum
Socks: Corgi & Pantherella
Shoes & Boots: Loake 1880 and Barker
Hats, Gloves & Belts: Dents
All made in the UK.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads