• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you go barefoot on non-carpeted floors?

turboman808

Reaction score
Clean my place from top to bottom every Sunday night. No dirt on my floors.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
think of all the dust and dirt clingy-s that will stick to you ass and taint if you **** on the bare wood floors.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
Hardwood floors get dirty very quickly...do you expect him to give his floors a 1-hour vacuum and scrubdown every day?
From what? I have hardwood in most areas. I use one of those elongated microfiber wipe/mop things once a week and they stay spotless. Only thing that bugs me is that I can see footprints sometimes in certain light, so out comes the microfiber again.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
socks or slippers usually. I swiffer every other day and vacuum. Still have to brush my feet off every couple of hours.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
From what? I have hardwood in most areas. I use one of those elongated microfiber wipe/mop things once a week and they stay spotless. Only thing that bugs me is that I can see footprints sometimes in certain light, so out comes the microfiber again.
You can get them clean enough so that you can walk on them barefoot the entire day with getting your feet dirty?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get a maid,dude. Never happens to me,my floors are usually clean.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perfect excuse for buying several pairs of high-end slippers. And also wearing loafers, boat shoes, and flip flops around the house.

Stedye

Reaction score
As long as the floors are clean then barefoot is the way to go. If you live in a cold climate then you may opt to wear slippers during the winter months. Enjoy life! Be free and relaxed in your own home.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
Clean my place from top to bottom every Sunday night. No dirt on my floors.
Originally Posted by username79
+WTF are you doing that's leaving so much damn dirt on your floor?
confused.gif

maverick

Reaction score
+1 on clean the floors. FWIW my place is cleaned once a month and I don't do anything else to maintain it really but walk around barefoot all the time with no problems.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we have hardwood floors. although i generally never walk around barefoot -- on any surface -- i sometimes lazily walk to the kitchen or the bathroom in the middle of the night barefooted.

i wouldn't make a habit of it, though. feet get dirty/stinky, and you may rip one of your toes off on a really bad stub.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alternatively you could just wear shoes.

Originally Posted by earthdragon
Asian wife = no Shoes in the House!
Seriously get some slippers.

I have a lot of asian friends and they don't really "get it" with the wearing shoes indoors thing. I almost feel relieved when I go over to someone new's place (all of my real friends pretty much have at least one asian or otherwise shoe-hater per apartment) and realize that people are still wearing shoes.

I am ok with socks or shoes...but in the summer when a lot of people are wearing sandals or sockless shoes, the bare feet gross me out more than shoe soles ever would. Obviously if your shoes are dirty...don't wear them. But otherwise, the soles of your shoes are probably no worse than your gross ass feet after walking around on your hardwood floors.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maverick
+1 on clean the floors. FWIW my place is cleaned once a month and I don't do anything else to maintain it really but walk around barefoot all the time with no problems.
Interesting. I will try a better mop.

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Interesting. I will try a better mop.

As I said at the beginning mopping alone will not clean your floors. Your just swirling the dirt around. While the floors are still wet go over them with a large beach towel.

Give it a try and you will see it works wonders.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads