Do you go barefoot on non-carpeted floors?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Kent Wang, Sep 9, 2010.

1. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

Clean my place from top to bottom every Sunday night. No dirt on my floors.

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

think of all the dust and dirt clingy-s that will stick to you ass and taint if you fuck on the bare wood floors.

3. username79

username79 Senior member

Hardwood floors get dirty very quickly...do you expect him to give his floors a 1-hour vacuum and scrubdown every day?
    From what? I have hardwood in most areas. I use one of those elongated microfiber wipe/mop things once a week and they stay spotless. Only thing that bugs me is that I can see footprints sometimes in certain light, so out comes the microfiber again.

4. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

socks or slippers usually. I swiffer every other day and vacuum. Still have to brush my feet off every couple of hours.

5. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

6. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

From what? I have hardwood in most areas. I use one of those elongated microfiber wipe/mop things once a week and they stay spotless. Only thing that bugs me is that I can see footprints sometimes in certain light, so out comes the microfiber again.
    You can get them clean enough so that you can walk on them barefoot the entire day with getting your feet dirty?

7. forex

forex Senior member

Get a maid,dude. Never happens to me,my floors are usually clean.

8. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

Perfect excuse for buying several pairs of high-end slippers. And also wearing loafers, boat shoes, and flip flops around the house.

9. Stedye

Stedye Senior member

As long as the floors are clean then barefoot is the way to go. If you live in a cold climate then you may opt to wear slippers during the winter months. Enjoy life! Be free and relaxed in your own home.

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Clean my place from top to bottom every Sunday night. No dirt on my floors.
    +WTF are you doing that's leaving so much damn dirt on your floor? [​IMG]

11. maverick

maverick Senior member

+1 on clean the floors. FWIW my place is cleaned once a month and I don't do anything else to maintain it really but walk around barefoot all the time with no problems.

12. rjakapeanut

rjakapeanut Senior member

we have hardwood floors. although i generally never walk around barefoot -- on any surface -- i sometimes lazily walk to the kitchen or the bathroom in the middle of the night barefooted.

i wouldn't make a habit of it, though. feet get dirty/stinky, and you may rip one of your toes off on a really bad stub.

13. otc

otc Senior member

Alternatively you could just wear shoes.

Asian wife = no Shoes in the House!
    Seriously get some slippers.

I have a lot of asian friends and they don't really "get it" with the wearing shoes indoors thing. I almost feel relieved when I go over to someone new's place (all of my real friends pretty much have at least one asian or otherwise shoe-hater per apartment) and realize that people are still wearing shoes.

I am ok with socks or shoes...but in the summer when a lot of people are wearing sandals or sockless shoes, the bare feet gross me out more than shoe soles ever would. Obviously if your shoes are dirty...don't wear them. But otherwise, the soles of your shoes are probably no worse than your gross ass feet after walking around on your hardwood floors.

14. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

+1 on clean the floors. FWIW my place is cleaned once a month and I don't do anything else to maintain it really but walk around barefoot all the time with no problems.
    Interesting. I will try a better mop.

15. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

Interesting. I will try a better mop.

As I said at the beginning mopping alone will not clean your floors. Your just swirling the dirt around. While the floors are still wet go over them with a large beach towel.

Give it a try and you will see it works wonders.