1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Do you generally tip for in-home deliveries?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gumercindo, Oct 15, 2008.

1. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

I have a few things being delivered over the next week from Crate and Barrel and Restoration Hardware. One item is literally a bring in and place on the floor (a console table) and the other is a bathroom vanity that comes assembled but goes upstairs and is placed on the floor. Both places charge a delivery fee (ranging from $70-100). What's the general rule of thumb for tipping in this case? I was thinking $10 per delivery person. Thoughts?

2. garmentmerchant

garmentmerchant Senior member

I dont tip, maybe a dick move but those guys are getting paid to deliver your stuff and you already paid the delviery fee as well, but if you feel so inclined $10 would bring a smile to there face for sure

3. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

I think there was a pretty long thread about this a couple of months ago. Responses were across the board from people offering drinks and tips to people figuring that the drivers were paid a decent wage and that was enough.

I think the g33k even gave them oral pleasure if they were all burly and sweaty.

K

4. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

5. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I think the g33k even gave them oral pleasure if they were all burly and sweaty. K
    They also got his leftovers after he took their girlfriends out for dinner!

6. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

I do tip them $10 per dude, offer them drinks, or bong hit. I also play them music, and make an effort to choose a genre appropriate to their general carriage and attitude.

7. Milhouse

Milhouse Senior member

If there is a delivery fee, then I don't tip. When I did deliveries, I got paid a real wage, so tips were not expected. Of course, I always welcomed the inevitable cookies and pies and things around the holidays from regular customers.

If there is no delivery fee, then sure, a tip is always appropriate.

In either case, offering some bottles of water or something is just polite.