Do you find gay this shirt?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Azure, May 24, 2009.

1. Azure

Azure Senior member

I think it's nice. The floral is subtle enough. Just make sure everything you wear with it is (no pun intended) straight up; you only want one offbeat statement per outfit.

My style, a hand made shoes as those NDC or some paul smith, a dark jeans,nice belt and a very slim fit jacket as those by Caruso that you love in the forum, tie on breakfast and no tie by night

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I do not understand the all GAY concept...Years ago, We used to ask if something was not too effeminate which ,after thought , a more PC version of the same concept...
    I would not buy this shirt or wear it especially with a suit and tie...
    The shirt will be ok with a pair of jeans in more casual settings.

3. Azure

Azure Senior member

I'm gay, I really love this shirt and would totally wear it. So I guess that makes the shirt gay? What will poor Azure do now that "gay" doesn't seem to fit neatly into narrow, preconceived notions?

Come to Ibiza in my country, and you will understand what I mean " gay". Meanwhile do noy disturb me with cheapo complexes ,topìcs and your bad education.

4. Azure

Azure Senior member

I do not understand the all GAY concept...Years ago, We used to ask if something was not too effeminate which ,after thought , a more PC version of the same concept...
    I would not buy this shirt or wear it especially with a suit and tie...
    The shirt will be ok with a pair of jeans in more casual settings.

Thanks for your answer. I mean the pimpy european abused " gay" image as those D&G comercials that are not shown on the States .

5. Azure

Azure Senior member

6. M. Bardamu

M. Bardamu Senior member

I think you'll find the terms "parrothead", "funboy" or "Eurotrash" will illustrate your point a lot better and with less offense...

7. Butterfly

Butterfly Senior member

Come to Ibiza in my country, and you will understand what I mean " gay". Meanwhile do noy disturb me with cheapo complexes ,topìcs and your bad education.

[​IMG]

8. B1FF

B1FF Senior member

Only if you also shave your body - see my sig for full explanation

Wow - what did Xerxes do that got him not only banned, but all record of him apparently erased?

9. Azure

Azure Senior member

I think you'll find the terms "parrothead", "funboy" or "Eurotrash" will illustrate your point a lot better and with less offense...

Might be, but I´m the one who used to drive a Maserati Spyder and now a Jag XKR cabrio..[​IMG] both proud to be " eurotrash"

10. uksonbi

uksonbi New Member

Not gay. I got some big flower shirts and they always go down great...

11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Is Eurotrash a look in America or just another stereotype?
    Eurotrash for me will mean sleek black designer suits such as D&G , Gucci or versace ,tee-shirts or shirts with big labels on display...
    I do not mean to offend anyone but actually what you do call the Eurotrash look is becoming more of the Russian look..They're very fond of Cavalli ,Versace ,Armani ,Boss and they love wearing shirts, tee-shirts with big labels on display and goldy handbags...

12. sii1981

sii1981 Well-Known Member

deleted

13. Azure

Azure Senior member

Is Eurotrash a look in America or just another stereotype?
    Eurotrash for me will mean sleek black designer suits such as D&G , Gucci or versace ,tee-shirts or shirts with big labels on display...
    I do not mean to offend anyone but actually what you do call the Eurotrash look is becoming more of the Russian look..They're very fond of Cavalli ,Versace ,Armani ,Boss and they love wearing shirts, tee-shirts with big labels on display and goldy handbags...

Ok I agree. I understand now. like Dragons in the back of dress shirts etc. Jeans with big golden letters on the back.. I hate that, then I´m not eurotrash but an upper class guy with some flowerkinda tastes as my Canali paisley ties!

14. Azure

Azure Senior member

Not gay. I got some big flower shirts and they always go down great...

Yes I own some Kenzo shirts similar to that one even in malva. They look great but they are not that handmade ones.

15. sii1981

sii1981 Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally Posted by blackbowtie
    I'm gay, I really love this shirt and would totally wear it. So I guess that makes the shirt gay? What will poor Azure do now that "gay" doesn't seem to fit neatly into narrow, preconceived notions?

whats the big deal with saying a shirt is gay looking? so you are gay and dont dress that way, who cares? hold on, are you trying to make this topic about your unique gay look? if so please carry on[​IMG]