1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Do you fear death?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by skywalker, Oct 21, 2010.

1. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

^^^ "There is a path to walk on, there is walking being done, but there is no traveller. There are deeds being done, but there is no doer" Buddha

2. suzuka

suzuka Senior member

not looking forward to it but it's something one cannot control

3. thecentennial

thecentennial Senior member

I try not to think about death, but if I do I seriously brick it. I can't bear to think of not being around those I love - I also think about those I love dying. What a fuckin mope. Get a grip. Drop another fluoxetine.

4. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

I try not to think about death, but if I do I seriously brick it. I can't bear to think of not being around those I love - I also think about those I love dying. What a fuckin mope. Get a grip. Drop another fluoxetine.

Sometimes when I'm very drunk death seems no more than a breath away, at those times utter panic sets in.

Other times I'm merely scared.

I'm flabbergasted by people who don't fear death.

5. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

As a Christian, I trust Jesus Christ who is the Son of God. He lived a life without sin,
    died on the cross to take my punishment in my place for my sins, and rose again.
    Because of this, by faith, I will die and be with Him in heaven. (Read John chapter 3)
    in the Bible for more details.

6. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

As a Christian, I trust Jesus Christ who is the Son of God. He lived a life without sin,
    died on the cross to take my punishment in my place for my sins, and rose again.
    Because of this, by faith, I will die and be with Him in heaven. (Read John chapter 3)
    in the Bible for more details.

That's rather evasive.

7. Rover!

Rover! Senior member

I'm only afraid of dying if it's from some horrible, terribly painful disease. As long as I'm not suffering it's fine, I accept that dying has to happen eventually.

8. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I fear ALS. Having a sound mind but inability to move or speak scares me.

9. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^me too, they thought I may have had it 3 years ago, scariest time of my life

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

do you fear death she says to me and shows me seven stars, the seven seals of her seven years of rose cross madness

11. Jarandas

Jarandas Senior member

I´m more worried about how am I going to die than death itself.

If I could choose, I´ll pick dying of some massive stroke while blowing the candles of my 125th birthday, surrounded by playmates.

12. RSS

RSS Senior member

fear it: no
    curious about it: yes ... but not so curious as to off myself.

13. Monaco

Monaco Senior member

Reincarnation baby, thats the way to go.

14. dahl5yankees

Bad News

Every single thought and action that you have done in sin; lust, covet, lie, steal, etc
    you will be held accountable to. There is no way, in any religion to get rid of this. Because
    of this, you will spend eternity in Hell. You will be tormented constantly and hopelessly
    and helplessly without any relief. You may even remember this internet post, you read now.
    (re-read this, because it is true and I am praying that you will be alert enough to understand
    this).

Good News

2000 years ago, God became a man, lived a perfect (sinless) life and took your place,
    your punishment on the cross. Jesus did this and died, rose again three days later
    and is alive. He knows you are reading this right now. If you trust in this, pray and
    ask Jesus Christ to forgive your sins and take your life. He will change you and
    your life. You will still mess up, but will have eternal life. This is the most true
    message in this world. (Read the Bible; Romans 3:23, 6:23, 10:8-9, John 3:16)

15. Incman

Incman Senior member

Bad News

Every single thought and action that you have done in sin; lust, covet, lie, steal, etc
    you will be held accountable to. There is no way, in any religion to get rid of this. Because
    of this, you will spend eternity in Hell. You will be tormented constantly and hopelessly
    and helplessly without any relief. You may even remember this internet post, you read now.
    (re-read this, because it is true and I am praying that you will be alert enough to understand
    this).

Good News

2000 years ago, God became a man, lived a perfect (sinless) life and took your place,
    your punishment on the cross. Jesus did this and died, rose again three days later
    and is alive. He knows you are reading this right now. If you trust in this, pray and
    ask Jesus Christ to forgive your sins and take your life. He will change you and
    your life. You will still mess up, but will have eternal life. This is the most true

Solution: Get rid of religion.

16. dahl5yankees

Solution: get rid of religion...true

Solution: Ask Jesus Christ to forgive everything you've done wrong and will do and
    believe in Him.

Romans 10:9, "If you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your
    heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved".

John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth and the life. The ONLY way to the Father, is
    through the Son."

"For God so loved (your name), that He gave His only Son, that (your name) believes in
    Him should not perish but have eternal life. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not
    believe has been judged already..." John 3:16, 18

17. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

The problem with eccentrics like the one above, is that you don't know whether they've just discovered a profound truth in religion or if they're just borderline retarded.

And I'm pending a "whats the difference?" post in 5..4..

18. MumRaww

MumRaww Active Member

I have some things I want to experience before I go, appart from that I don't care much I think.

And I have no idea what will happen after I die, that part doesn't bother me much yet.

19. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

Bad News

this).

Good News

That's rather evasive.

[​IMG]

20. FELT

FELT Senior member

The problem with eccentrics like the one above, is that you don't know whether they've just discovered a profound truth in religion or if they're just borderline retarded.

And I'm pending a "whats the difference?" post in 5..4..

Well, I don't see that he can be said to have "discovered a profound truth in religion", rather than taken a (profound?) leap of faith. He's just quoted some assertions from a book that are only meaningful if you are determined to believe that the book is intrisically truthful. Taken in isolation, how could anyone read those words and think "oh yes, you've got a point there"? (Other than maybe as a comfort against the fear of death).

I do recognise that there are plenty of other passages in the Bible with moral statements that seem profoundly true, independent of a determination to believe in the truth of whatever's in the book.