• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you ever wear a hat? If so, what kind?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
I do the Samuel L. Jackson thing:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._waxstatue.jpg

Please don't
wink.gif

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Please don't
wink.gif

With jeans hell yea. Not suits though. U'll get over it. I can knot a tie too
wink.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
j, STP has had some wool tweed "driving caps," as they call them, at very good prices.

Thanks, Roger. Unfortunately, I have a really gigantic melon, so none of the wool ones will fit me. I was hoping they had that green plaid one in my size, but no go.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't. Wish I did; too self conscious plus I have not decided on anything yet.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I have a felt, crushable fedora that I like to wear...

I got it at the store by the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland
smile.gif
Makes me feel like Indiana Jones if I wear it with a leather jacket or Bert Sugar, the boxing writer, if I'm wearing a sportcoat and tie.

Shoe-nut

Reaction score
Borso's, Dobbs, Stetson, Knox, Panama's, Straws and some lesser brands. I wear a hat everyday now and have been wearing hats for at least 30 years.

Hats keep the sun off your face and if your brim is wide enough also out of your eyes when it is directly in front of you. Hats are very stylish and bring far more compliments than any other article of clothing that I have ever worn save for an old pair of 1950's Brown Corcoran Jump Boots which bring their fair share of compliments too.

It's not about wearing ball caps which I don't regard as a fashion statement no matter what direction they are on your head. It's about the added finishing touch that make the clothes you wear stand out over and above those of your fellow man.

People will respect you if have the pizzaz to wear a hat because the average joe would like to but can't. He can't bring himself to do so because he has been conditioned since birth that a hat will type cast him as being an old fogey or worse as being weird.

Buy a hat and see if you don't notice a difference!!
alien.gif

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Thanks, Roger. Unfortunately, I have a really gigantic melon, so none of the wool ones will fit me. I was hoping they had that green plaid one in my size, but no go.

What size? With a 7 3/4, I've a pretty honkin' melon myself.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear hats consisting of Panamas, and sometimes for winter, Persian lamb hats. I also have two vintage Borsalinos, and a Derby.

The Panama was a vintage that in terms of quality is consistent with some of the medium-high grade modern hats.

Shoe-nut

Reaction score
When it comes to clothing I am not so sophisticated but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate someone who is well dressed. I wish I had the class that many of you here in this forum demonstrate to the highest degree. In time maybe I will get it right.

DSCN1464.jpg

Just an ordinary guy past his prime.
plain.gif

Gladhatter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shoe-nut
When it comes to clothing I am not so sophisticated but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate someone who is well dressed. I wish I had the class that many of you here in this forum demonstrate to the highest degree. In time maybe I will get it right.

Just an ordinary guy past his prime.
plain.gif

Stlye or not you have a fine looking lid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads