1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Do you ever wear a hat? If so, what kind?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Soph, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Shoe-nut

Shoe-nut Senior member

Borso's, Dobbs, Stetson, Knox, Panama's, Straws and some lesser brands. I wear a hat everyday now and have been wearing hats for at least 30 years.

Hats keep the sun off your face and if your brim is wide enough also out of your eyes when it is directly in front of you. Hats are very stylish and bring far more compliments than any other article of clothing that I have ever worn save for an old pair of 1950's Brown Corcoran Jump Boots which bring their fair share of compliments too.

It's not about wearing ball caps which I don't regard as a fashion statement no matter what direction they are on your head. It's about the added finishing touch that make the clothes you wear stand out over and above those of your fellow man.

People will respect you if have the pizzaz to wear a hat because the average joe would like to but can't. He can't bring himself to do so because he has been conditioned since birth that a hat will type cast him as being an old fogey or worse as being weird.

Buy a hat and see if you don't notice a difference!! [​IMG]

2. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

Thanks, Roger. Unfortunately, I have a really gigantic melon, so none of the wool ones will fit me. I was hoping they had that green plaid one in my size, but no go.

What size? With a 7 3/4, I've a pretty honkin' melon myself.

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I wear hats consisting of Panamas, and sometimes for winter, Persian lamb hats. I also have two vintage Borsalinos, and a Derby.

The Panama was a vintage that in terms of quality is consistent with some of the medium-high grade modern hats.

4. Shoe-nut

Shoe-nut Senior member

When it comes to clothing I am not so sophisticated but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate someone who is well dressed. I wish I had the class that many of you here in this forum demonstrate to the highest degree. In time maybe I will get it right.

[​IMG]

Just an ordinary guy past his prime. [​IMG]

5. Gladhatter

Gladhatter Senior member

When it comes to clothing I am not so sophisticated but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate someone who is well dressed. I wish I had the class that many of you here in this forum demonstrate to the highest degree. In time maybe I will get it right.

Just an ordinary guy past his prime. [​IMG]

Stlye or not you have a fine looking lid.