• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do You Drink During the Day?

Shakermaker

Reaction score
I usually go out for lunch two to three times a week and I always get a beer.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If given the opportunity, yes. Enjoying a cold beer in the middle of the day is one of life's greatest pleasures. Almost always do that while on vacation, and I don't mind doing it on a workday except that sometimes I need to operate some heavy **** machinery.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love to have a beer or a glass of wine with lunch, but find that I need to keep it to one if I want to be at all productive for the afternoon (two turns to three turns to four).

That said, I do try to get away regularly for a boozy lunch with friends. There is nothing better than a 3 course lunch on a Wednesday with a coupld of bottles of wine and some good friends. Possibly followed by an afternoon sitting outside a pub drinking ice cold lager and watching the world go by (or in winter inside the pub with a Guinness telling stories).

K

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not if I'm working. Otherwise, one or two.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drinking a refreshing Hefeweizen, Saison, or Pils at lunch is the best way to make it through a long hot day.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Very, very seldom. For reasons I still don't understand.

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Occasionally with lunch. A few of us have been know to happy hour on the roof of our building.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I'll have the occasional beer or glass of wine at lunch. I am quite upset that the three martini lunch went out long before I climbed the corporate ladder.

+1. Although my very early career came in the early '80s when there was still a bit of hold-out on this. There were still some doing it at that time, but generally not much and I was too low on the totem to be able to participate.

Beta

Reaction score
when we do tradeshows and whatnot we start drinking late afternoon if its inside...and at noon if its outside...and go pretty hard....but thats part of that culture, so its not frowned upon.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a couple of times per week... Beer or wine depends on what i'm eating and what the weather is like..

clarity

Reaction score
In the evening sometimes with dinner. (one drink that is)

Tcameron

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Sometimes I'll have a light lunch and then a couple of bourbons or G&T's. I hope to someday indulge in corporate three martini lunches.

Not bad for a self procliamed 19 year old. I would imagine that's a little white lie, but no worries.

However, I could easily buy it, I was drinking at the nicer bars at 18 in Boston though not during the day. (G&T = always a good choice)

I do not drink during the day, but will most likely change whilst in my European adventure for the next three months.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At work or working lunches featuring a return to the office, never.

After work with colleagues or dinner while working after the office is closed, yes.

On holiday, frankly too much and too often -- I need the structure of work to keep me out of trouble with respect to drinking.
plain.gif

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
I rarely make it past noon without a few drinks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics