• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you drink before you go out for a drink?

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting for friends to get their **** together before we head out tonight, and getting slightly buzzed in process..

ehhh

Not pre-gaming it, just drinking for the sake of drinking.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I drink when I feel like drinking.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About to start right now!

untilted

Reaction score
pre-gaming is essential, most of the time...

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only when it's to go out with my family.

Neurotic Jewish family Thanksgiving FTW!

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
mostly always ... nice to sit around with mates and have a quiet couple before heading out and being amongst all sort of distractions

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I've always done that, or go to a place with very cheap drinks and food, like a Legion, then head out to the real deal, when I was a kid. Even now, we'll have a nice dinner at home, a bottle of wine, then head out to meet friends at our favorite wine lounge, to have a nice cheese tray and a few bottles.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im usually pretty crunk before i even get into the club. one time about two months ago i walked into the club and went straight to the washroom and puked my guts out. then sat on the toilet for an hour and got kicked out.
frown.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
im usually pretty crunk before i even get into the club. one time about two months ago i walked into the club and went straight to the washroom and puked my guts out. then sat on the toilet for an hour and got kicked out.
frown.gif

Dood. Check yo self before you wreck yo self.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Usually. Tomorrow, I'll be drinking scotch all day with my family of lushes, so I'm getting ready now by drinking a lot of rum.

That makes sense, right?

tricota

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
I drink when I feel like drinking.

I second that, though if the object is inebriation, I prefer not to do it alone. A few drinks while waiting is fine, but drinking before you go out to drink, seam a bit like eating before you go out to dinner. In other words, the thing you used to do in your youth, purely for financial reasons...
confused.gif

Bouji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tricota
I second that, though if the object is inebriation, I prefer not to do it alone. A few drinks while waiting is fine, but drinking before you go out to drink, seam a bit like eating before you go out to dinner. In other words, the thing you used to do in your youth, purely for financial reasons...
confused.gif

That ideology does not follow through completely.
The food that you eat out is often of higher quality than what you eat at home.
The food that you eat out is often priced fairly for what you get, if you want Caviar, Lobster, Foie Gras, Pata Negra, and Wagyu you will pay for it, but rarely very much more that what you would pay unless you were getting it wholesale. When you then take the preparation and clearing up into account, the cost is seldom more than what it should be.

Drinks are the total opposite.
The quality of drinks at home are often higher quality than those out.
The drinks out are often far higher priced than what you pay at home, measure of JW Black Label out around 8-10 pounds, bottle of JW Black Label at home 18 pounds.
Nor are the drinks priced fairly, there is minimal preparation and cleaning up involved, and the price increases for higher quality drinks are not fixed, they are proportionate to the price of the drink. For example, a bottle of good Mersault in a restaurant averages around 50 pounds, at home around 20 pounds. 30 pound mark up. A given vintage of Pertrus for arguments sake is 3000 in a restaurant, the same vintage would be around 1500 if you bought it ready to drink, and as low as 800 if you cellared it for a couple of years. That's a huge 2200 pound mark up!

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Bump for epic justice.

Great post sir.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads