• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you do ketamine?

King Salmon

Reaction score
I changed up the options a bit.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any option for "Never heard of it, but will try anything once?"

Never heard of it. Won't try it.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a hallucinogenic drug similar to PCP. Can be injected, taken orally, or snorted. AS an anesthetic it's given to animals like horses. Sometimes to humans.

In Taiwan it is rather popular among students and club-goers.

I have seen it being used and the reports are good. I've always declined to try it because some of the things my friends do are quite enjoyable enough.

King Salmon

Reaction score
Allow me to explain it for those that are curious. It is similar to coke, it is usually snorted but the very hardcore will shoot it up. It is a dissociative like PCP and DXM. At lower levels, the high is similar to coke. At medium levels, you feel more numbness in your body. At higher levels, you trip out a bit and your mind zones out of your body for a while.

I like to do it at lower to medium levels as it is similar to coke but without the torturous comedown. It also mixes very well other drugs, especially coke and MDMA. When dancing on lower levels of ketamine you can truly get into a trance on the dancefloor. For this reason, I usually attend raves and start with some MDMA and then after it starts to peak I bring out the K.

Most regular users like to take huge amounts and fall into a K-hole. While this is fun, for that kind of time commitment I would prefer an acid trip. Ketamine is also somewhat addictive, but much less so than cocaine.

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Funeral racist term for brown people
Anyone ever tried Datura? lt is the hallucogen from hell. Once you've tried it you will never do it again. Most extreme hallucogen out there. lt is a total shocker.
apparently the gas or whatever used by the scarecrow in "batman begins" is datura

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's also something called "Kat" right? Is this different? I remember when Spin did a huge article about it -- someone from overseas was manufacturing it at an American university. He stayed in his room for months at a time playing Intellivision or whatever the game was then.
Another fellow, in the grip, as it were, of the Kat, masturbated whilst high on it for something like 15 straight days and ********* fell off or at least had to be amputated. I don't know if Kat is the same as Special K?

tangerine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Horace
There's also something called "Kat" right? Is this different? I remember when Spin did a huge article about it -- someone from overseas was manufacturing it at an American university. He stayed in his room for months at a time playing Intellivision or whatever the game was then.
Another fellow, in the grip, as it were, of the Kat, masturbated whilst high on it for something like 15 straight days and ********* fell off or at least had to be amputated. I don't know if Kat is the same as Special K?

Kat (or Khat, or Qat) is something entirely different from ketamine. Read about it here.

Excerpt:

Khat (pronounced cot) is a natural stimulant from the Catha Edulis plant, found in the flowering evergreen tree or large shrub which grows in East Africa and Southern Arabia. It reaches heights from 10 feet to 20 feet and its scrawny leaves resemble withered basil.
Khat leaves contain psychoactive ingredients known as cathinone, which is structurally and chemically similar to d-amphetamine, and cathine, a milder form of cathinone.
The story from Spin sounds apocryphal, or misinformed, or simply is about something other than Kat/Khat/Qat...

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Horace

That is so funny I might need to break out an LOL. How long ago was this article published? Ketamine is sometimes called ket and kit kat, and it's conceivable that could happen on K, so that's probably it.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine, who is currently studying abroad in London, says that Ketamine is readily available, and is a choice drug for the weekends or for at the club. I don't know much about this at all, but isn't Ketamine used as a tranq for large felines such as lions and tigers? I have never encountered Ketamine where I live, but on the other hand I don't exactly go searching for drugs.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
K is pretty popular in London, more so than ecstasy these days. Last I checked it wasn't illegal (like shrooms before July 05). It is used, not infrequently, by vets for all sorts of animals. My guess is that it is still confined to urban areas wiht significant club scenes. In Taiwan (and HK) it hit the scene around 1999-2000 or so and has since taken the place of ecstasy, which is sometimes laced with k.

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Back when I lived in Kyoto, I went to hear Dr. John Lilly speak. He mentioned ketamine and how doing it rid him forever of migraine headaches. I've suffered migraines since age 8 and would do nearly any drug, expecially a psychedelic, to rid myself of them forever.
no idea if it'll help, but i heard about some recent study (not older than a month) that revealed that a lot of migraines were caused by simple things like cashews and cow's milk

i wish i could be more specific but i can't, that's all i remember

Garrett

Reaction score
done it probably about 5 times. Entertaining, but not necessairily fun. (its easy to get in mexico)

Babar

Reaction score
Never done it. But I really like 'Lost in the K-Hole' by Chemical Brothers. Does this count?

I'll get my coat

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back when I lived in Kyoto, I went to hear Dr. John Lilly speak. He mentioned ketamine and how doing it rid him forever of migraine headaches. I've suffered migraines since age 8 and would do nearly any drug, expecially a psychedelic, to rid myself of them forever.
Hey, House did that on an episode of HOUSE M.D. He took PCP to get rid of his self-induced migrane.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads